Music Player

ThaiBoy02

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a music player(to replace stock app) and the reason(s) you like it. I just mostly listen to music but the ability to listen podcast and books on audio would be awesome

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know I hate to do this to you but I really think a search would work best for you on that. I'll try to help you out though by moving your thread to the apps area. That's where you want to be.

iamgeniusrnti

Reaction score
I love it when people say search the forum as if that'll solve everyone's problems. Sometimes we even put a search link on there as if to boost our karma for the day in case we get hit by a bus.

Then when the poor sole searches the forum, he gets inundated by 150 threads with half as many people getting their butt chewed for asking a question the last guy got his ass chewed for asking.

To answer your question there are tons, but I prefer the stock app.

Last edited by a moderator:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love it when people say search the forum as if that'll solve everyone's problems. Sometimes we even put a search link on there as if to boost our karma for the day in case we get hit by a bus.

Then when the poor sole searches the forum, he gets inundated by 150 threads with half as many people getting their butt chewed for asking a question the last guy got his ass chewed for asking.

To answer your question there are tons, but I prefer the stock app.

I don't usually do that to people, I was kind enough to show him the reason why I gave him a suggestion. Your criticism of my response is duly noted however. And I did move him to the proper area of the forum.

Last edited:

prenedo

Reaction score
I use DoubleTwist. Free market app, can access controls from lock screen, plays video also.

ninjasailas

Reaction score
I use power amp. Free version is a full use of the paid one for 15 days but I love this player and bought it. It has tag edit and 100% customable eq also.has presets for eq. I have searched high and low and power amp is.the best

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Tepes

Reaction score
I second Ninja. Power amp is wonderful and well worth the money. Do the free trial and you'll see. It uses my folder organization instead of dividing things up, great eq and puts a widget on the lockscreen for quick access. Great at getting album art as well.

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide

droidlady05

Reaction score
I'll third ninja and tepee. Poweramp is the best paid music player. As stated above, you can test it for two weeks, before buying it.

Cubed aka "3" is the best free music player in market. It downloads album art, aesthetically nice, and has an equalizer if you're on gingerbread.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

melissapugs

Reaction score
I only use legal music. I like Amazon MP3 - they have a cloud player to play all your music anywhere. 5mb free, 20 mb storage if you buy an album from them once. I uploaded all itunes with no problem.

Djanvk

Reaction score
Power amp is a great player does everything.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

iamgeniusrnti

Reaction score
You know I hate to do this to you but I really think a search would work best for you on that. I'll try to help you out though by moving your thread to the apps area. That's where you want to be.

@Hook, if your post had a 'Like' button I would've clicked it LOL!

But you know what, I learned something from this thread--I'm going to give these guys' suggestion a shot today!