Music Player Sorting

brosselle

Reaction score
Any idea why my MP3s sort alphabetically, rather than by track # in the Droid X music player. They are tagged correctly with ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags.

Filenames are as such:

01 - Trackname.mp3

Perhaps this is a known issue and I missed it in my search. I saw a similar thread, but it started to delve into how Windows sorts music files. N/A here.

Ironically, they sort correctly in the doubleTwist player.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Experienced that with the native music app. Had to get Mixzing from the market. It's a replacement music app that is much better. It sorts correctly, or at least it does for me and it has an equalizer built in.

OP
brosselle

brosselle

Reaction score
At least with Android we have options :)

richpjr

Reaction score
I had the same issue with properly tagged files. I tried cubed and experienced the same thing. Now that I am using MixZing, things are in the proper order.

OP
brosselle

brosselle

Reaction score
Do you have to buy the MixZing upgrade to get the equalizer? I might want that. Old ears need a boost above 10khz, lol.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have to buy the MixZing upgrade to get the equalizer? I might want that. Old ears need a boost above 10khz, lol.

Don't know for sure, but I'd bet - yes. I bought the upgrade a long time ago and we just recently got the update with the equalizer.