Music on SD Card not showing up in any music players

dbarker8

Reaction score
i am hoping someone on these forums is intelligent enough to figure this out, because i have tried alot of options to fix this. I had about 2,000 songs and randomly yesterday, it dropped down to about 400 in my music player. after trying to fix it, it dropped down to 144 songs showing of the 2,000. i have been using my music player fine for the past few months ive had this phone. i did not move any of the music of put new music on. now, it is only showing the music on my phone, not the SD card. inside my music folder in my SD card i have the music in folders by artist>album>song, i dont know if this makes a difference. I am sure the music is on the phone because i can get to it though my files and play it in the music player that way.

I have tried this on the music player and also google play music, neither show all the songs. i have tried deleting the app data for the media storage and music player, then un-mounting and remounting the SD card and it did not work. i have tried restarting my phone and removing the sd card and putting it back. i called google and they were idiots and could not help me at all. i have not tried backing up my SD card and reformatting it yet, but Please let me know of anything i can try to fix this

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Welcome to the forum....It's possible you may have one file corrupted that is causing the issue...I would connect the phone to your PC and transfer them to a folder on the computer...It will be a bit of a pain but try to load only a few 100 or more at a time to see if it picks up the music...What kind of sd card? It's also possible it could be failing ...

OP
D

dbarker8

Reaction score
nevermind, i fixed it by reformatting the card and then putting all my music back on it. thanks though!