Multiple phone #'s for single contact

hbar

Reaction score
Can this be done? If the Droid accepts more than one number per contact, I am too stupid to figure it out. That should surprise no one.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes you can enter more than one number > where it says 'phone' to enter their number... click on it... it will bring up a list of labels that you can select from to enter more numbers... i.e. work, home, office, blah blah blah. :) hope this helps.

jamiehughes

Reaction score
when you are editing under their contact name there is a green + symbol to the right of where it says phone, hit that and it should bring up another "phone" line that you can put a different # in for that person and label it "home", "work" or whatever.

OP
H

hbar

Reaction score
Ok, I will try that again. I've done that, but each time it over-wrote the previous number. Then, when I hit the person's name, only one number comes up. But, I will take another run at it. Cover me.

jamiehughes

Reaction score
it should work for ya, i did that for quite a few of my contacts and it seemed to have worked just fine.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
Another possibility, assuming you're using gmail, is to use the gmail contacts interface on your computer to edit your contacts and add multiple numbers. They will then be synced with your phone.

mikespe

Reaction score
On a similar note...can you add more than one email address for a contact?

Thanks

OP
H

hbar

Reaction score
See, I told you. My momma was right. "Put that phone down. You're gonna poke your eye out with it."

I went to try it again, and see that I have already done it on several. I was not finishing the steps, before I started another.

I'm going to get my meds, now. I'll be ok.