Multimedia clock mode too bright

cb2000a

Reaction score
I have spoken with Motorola about the brightness of the clock and they are forwarding this to the engineer staff. Even on night setting it is too bright for some people.

Aaron636r

Reaction score
Did you push the light bulb to dim it?

if you did, i would agree. Its too bright to sit next to my bed at night.

s-one

Reaction score
Yea that sucker on dim is way too bright.

OP
cb2000a

cb2000a

Reaction score
Did you push the light bulb to dim it?

if you did, i would agree. Its too bright to sit next to my bed at night.

Yes I did. This can be fixed in software probably fairly easy.

Sleeve

Reaction score
The buttons on the bottom (right side when docked) need to be turned off when the phone is docked and on night mode. Activate the buttons if I touch the screen.

OP
cb2000a

cb2000a

Reaction score
The buttons on the bottom (right side when docked) need to be turned off when the phone is docked and on night mode. Activate the buttons if I touch the screen.

I agree. Again this should be doable in software.

Ern3

Reaction score
This doesn't really solve the problem, but there's a program called bedside in market free I think, or maybe .99... anyways, it will allow you to adjust color brghtness and font, along with a host of other settings. You can long press screen on the time display and it will speak the time.

When I go to sleep, I press the top (left side when docked) to turn off the whole display when in the dock.

I also have to go into the gmail settings to turn off email notifications, cause the green blinking light sucks to wake up to at 3 am...

-ern

MK-9

Reaction score
I agree with the OP. Way too bright. Needs to be a few different settings added in.

I just noticed the other night that those 4 buttons will shut off [on mine anyways, yours may be different] if the light in the room is bright enough. As soon as it goes dark, they turn back on. Although I tried covering them up and it doesn't make much of a difference in the overall level of brightness. Still far too bright.

Last edited:

MJE

Reaction score
I agree on the brightness!

I'm also worried about burn-in, or is my age showing....? Maybe newer devices don't have that issue any more.

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree on the brightness!

I'm also worried about burn-in, or is my age showing....? Maybe newer devices don't have that issue any more.

No need to worry about burn-in. Burn-in is not an issue with LED based displays.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
The brightness dosent bother me, I sleep very hard.
But the font is a bit too small and not sharp enough.

I wear fairly strong glasses and have a really hard time seeing the clock even though it's fairly close. My alarm clock was far easier to see from the same distance.

Hopefully in 2.1 some of these "features" will be customizable

Spartan

Reaction score
Bedside app works great. As the other poster stated, it allows you to dim the screen and customize the color to any you like. It also allows you to turn off all notifications when docked. I have it set to turn off all of mine except phone. It will start automatically when docked if you like, or you can start manually. I have mine set to start manually, but turn off automatically when removed from dock. According to the developer, the 4 fixed icons on the bottom of the phone cannot be dimmed yet by outside developers. Great app, I use it every night.

Reaction score
Does bedside work with the stock media dock screen? or its on its own screen? Does it have the weather etc...

thanks

Spartan

Reaction score
Does bedside work with the stock media dock screen? or its on its own screen? Does it have the weather etc...

thanks

It has its own screen which is a large digital clock. You control its colors and brightness. It shows the date & day in the upper corner & battery level if you want it. Very clear and clean looking. It does not have weather...which I like, as I want just a dim clock, no other light while sleeping. Turn it off and you are back to the standard media dock screen.