Mugen 3600mA battery

whoiswct

Reaction score
Anyone is using this super extended battery? Appreciate if you can upload some photo when using this battery.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Anyone is using this super extended battery? Appreciate if you can upload some photo when using this battery.

I've heard from a couple of people on this forum that it is not what it is cracked up to be...or should be with 3600mAh. Battery is probably over rated. If you are looking for an extended battery I recommend the 1860 mAh battery from Verizon.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

I've heard from a couple of people on this forum that it is not what it is cracked up to be...or should be with 3600mAh. Battery is probably over rated. If you are looking for an extended battery I recommend the 1860 mAh battery from Verizon.

Agreed 100%. The OEM extended battery is the way to go. The Mugen might, and I stress might, give you a little more juice than the OEM extended battery, but not enough to warrant the extra heft. The mAh ratings on their batteries are substantially inflated when compared to the OEM batteries. They also have a much shorter lifespan.

google123

Reaction score
I wouldn't trust that Mugen. OEM extended battery is for real. Believe that.

mmw68666

Reaction score
well i do have it and it works just fine for me. my battery last about 26 hours with out charging and i use my phone for everything . my wifi is always on and my bluetooth is always on also. i love it

OP
whoiswct

whoiswct

Reaction score
well i do have it and it works just fine for me. my battery last about 26 hours with out charging and i use my phone for everything . my wifi is always on and my bluetooth is always on also. i love it

Hey, would you mind sending me a picture of your phone? I just want to see the outlook after using mugen battery.

BTW, where you buy and how much? Thanks.

rocket_girl

Reaction score
Had one...was junk. Phone doesn't recognize it consistently - not just for level, but also as a source of power. Battery icon in status bar was ? and error message said something like 'battery not recognized, please install manufacturer battery'. Sometimes worked, but the most I ever got from one charge was 8 hrs.

I second (or third?) rx for the OEM extended battery. Lasts all day with average use & plug-in when I am @ work or it is sitting around @ home. (Note that I refuel car when half full as well)...personal preference to be topped up whenever possible.

I had hoped for the >24 hr charges that other users reported here...never happened. Package insert claims you can go 10 days between charges once seasoned: it's bunk.

I use OEM extended and carry OEM standard as backup, to swap out instead if needed.