The Answer to All of Your Battery Shortcomings?

MrWilliams

Reaction score
I've used the JuiceDefender app along side Y5 for the past 3 days. Im on a stock battery and it was all but done around 5pm most days. I've seen my battery life nearly double using these two apps. Ive been around 50% at bedtime the past two days. Both are free so its worth a shot before spending money on a big ol battery.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
OP
M

Mcle6658

Reaction score
Well, a couple days ago I took the plunge on the 3400mah mugen. It came today and after some dremel work on my otterbox case I got it to fit with adding any noticeable bulk.

Im currently performing the recommended 12hr charge before I can see what this monster will do.

OP
M

Mcle6658

Reaction score
My pro was already sporting an otterbox defender, so after cutting the case such that the Mugen battery would pass through there was hardly any increase in thickness (the rubber cover bulges out about 1/8" ).

If you are running the pro naked, the backing that comes with the Eugen battery has a nice rubberized finish and makes the phone about twice as thick, length and width aren't affected (the Mugen backing is about 3/8" thick overall). IMO, the naked phone with the Mugen backing was so nice I contemplated forgoing the otterbox and leaving it naked; but my profession just isn't conducive to a phone without some serious protection...

I'd post some pics but my camera died on my last trip...

OP
M

Mcle6658

Reaction score
In case anyone is considering this battery, the life is absurd. Despite my attempts to drain it yesterday, it lasted 24hrs of heavy use (streaming pandora, GPS on all day, brightness 100%, lots of phone calls, and 3hrs of navigation on top of routine web surfing/youtube vids,texts,Skype,etc)

My only complaint (which I knew of going into it) is that the phone reads 5% battery even though there was a solid 12hrs left in the battery.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
In case anyone is considering this battery, the life is absurd. Despite my attempts to drain it yesterday, it lasted 24hrs of heavy use (streaming pandora, GPS on all day, brightness 100%, lots of phone calls, and 3hrs of navigation on top of routine web surfing/youtube vids,texts,Skype,etc)

My only complaint (which I knew of going into it) is that the phone reads 5% battery even though there was a solid 12hrs left in the battery.
WOW...monster battery.

OP
M

Mcle6658

Reaction score
87 off ebay. Still expensive I agree, bit imo worth every penny to be able to use the pro to its fullest and never worry about the next time an outlet is going to be available (because for me that can be a looong time and there's nothing that ruins my day more than a dead phone)

I use this thing for everything, work email, personal email, mp3, navigation, news, stocks, keeping up with friends and family, flying, the list goes on and on...

StingRay

Reaction score
Well if you're getting 24 hours off a single charge that is pretty impressive! Worth considering @ $87 for that...

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

tennvol

Reaction score
Since the battery is so thick is the phone still pocketable and doesn't the heavy battery throw the balance off?

I typically carry a spare extended battery in addition to the extended one in my phone to get me through the day

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

OP
M

Mcle6658

Reaction score
Naturally it's going to depend on what pocket you're talking about and how much bulge you're willing to tolerate. Even with my otterbox, I routinely carry it in my back pocket or a coat pocket (or my classy cargo pockets if im in uniform) and it either goes on the table/desk when im sitting or in a generic car mount I use. I'd imagine having the phone with the mugen backing on it and no case would be a ton easier to pocket; its slimmer in all regards compared to the otterbox and albeit a 'rubber' finish on the backing, it's still not remotely as sticky as the rubber on the otterbox.

As for the balance issue, I actually really like how the mugen alters it. The CG is slightly lower than halfway (just performed the very scientific, balance it on my finger test); which imo makes the pro very stable in hand and while typing.