1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

MrAppleBashers Youtube Channel

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Mr.Waters, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Mr.Waters

Mr.Waters New Member

MRAppleBashers channel now WHYIHATEAPPLE uploaded a bunch of new vids

So im Mr.Waters, and i recently after exploring the web found all the ridiculous and stupid things that apple and apple loves have been saying about our beloved :motdroidvert: droid. I find that unacceptable, so i decided to do something about it. I started my own youtube channel called MrAppleBasher, here is the link to my first video . I would love your guys help and input into it, and also to help spread the word. If you guys want to be involved with it or want to help out or got suggestions just email me at MrAppleBasher@gmail.com. Also comment and let me know what you think of the video

Thanks
    Mr.Waters
  2. Mr.Waters

Mr.Waters New Member

Feedback

I would appreciate you guys watching it and giving me feedback on it.
  3. Mojo

Mojo New Member

Dude you asked for feedback so...

I could not sit through 9 min of your scatterbrained opinions of apple and why they suck so much... wow man.. lay off the coffee, drugs and video games. Grab a bat and ball and go to the park and have some fun. You need to disconnect for a while hahaha. Not trying to be mean
  4. bastosero

bastosero New Member

The audio could be better (make it louder and clearer) and don't jump around on your points that you are trying to say.
  5. dfwdroid

dfwdroid New Member

X2:) :icon_ banana:
  6. Mr.Waters

Mr.Waters New Member

thanks guys i took your advice, and made this video demoing google earth on the droid, i was hoping you could see if it was any better. I was more to the point. So yeah let me know, its shorter 3 minutes.
  7. Mr.Waters

Mr.Waters New Member

so let me know what you guys think of this one
  8. christim

christim Super Moderator

comments on this thread.

First of all, this is a good exercise. Have an idea, run with it. Not everyone follows through on their ideas. Whether it is rooting a phone or making a video podcast the take-away is you learn and improve on the process.

Constructive criticisms:
    1st video....too much banging of hands on the desk.

Funny observation: post at 2:29 requests less coffee, drugs, video games, and more baseball. By 3:17 the OP had complied and took the advice. AND created a new video! Took criticism well...yet moved on to video two. Good for you.

2nd video. No longer bashing Apple (does this mean a name change for the channel is in order?).
    Improvements:

• Sharper/longer close ups of the Droid.
    • While rooting can be dangerous for the phone so is tossing it up and spinning it in the air. (2:41) Do not try that at home!
    • Stay on track. Have a script and just read that. That way you won't be muttering "my droid is freaking out right now" (3:25) and you'll also have the knowledge handy that the Milestone is the European Droid.
    • Less scratching. Seriously.
    • Watch your video before posting. Edit and/or film again if need be. It's not like the film is expensive.
    Looking forward to improvements in video 3.
  9. Mr.Waters

Mr.Waters New Member

haha no not a change in the name just thought i would take a change from the norm, actually my next video will be bashing apple. Im making it as we speak since the hockey game isn't even close.
  10. Mr.Waters

Mr.Waters New Member

i actually think that you guys will appreciate this one a lot
  11. Big Lou

Big Lou New Member

Mr. Washers, please stop bumping every 15 seconds with single thoughts. Edit your current posts if you have something quick to add.

But while I'm here, I must say that you are only harming the Android community, not helping it. You are making us look like cry babies.
  12. Mr.Waters

Mr.Waters New Member

why because im tired of apple saying whatever it likes when in fact it ain't true, so how is it that apple community can do all of this without looking like crybabies
  13. rod

rod New Member

from a creative pov, if your name is going to be mrapplebasher, you should set up an apple and
    sledgehammer it a la gallagher before every video. of course, that may increase the budget... new coffee table? cleanup? apples? i dunno. just a thought. good luck
  14. Mr.Waters

Mr.Waters New Member

hey thanks man thats a really good suggestion i'll look into doing that. Check out my recent video which im editing right now.
  15. korp

korp New Member

Haha .... yes ... I might have been knocked down a few IQ points .... really wasn't listening because it was so scattered.
  16. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

lol thats what I thought I was gonna see in the video.. had my smock and safety glasses on too.. :/
  17. Mr.Waters

Mr.Waters New Member

my next video is actually edited and really good, currently in the process of cutting and mixing everything together i'll post it when its done
    ok guys just finished editing and posting it on youtube now, let me know
  18. Mr.Waters

Mr.Waters New Member

its done!
    check it out i feel like i did a good job on this one
  19. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

Is it more or is the sound out of sync with the video itself?

Edit is bad =\ When you have the video clearly cut to Google earth when you are attempting to demonstrate something it looks bad.

I have to second making a script to follow and don't attempt to launch an app while the phone isn't facing you, when it fails it looks a tad silly, hehe.

9 minutes is too long, 5 minutes is too long, 4 minutes still might be too long. I would suggest keeping the video lengths to 2:30 or so, it helps to keep your audience interested.

Good effort so far. Keep it up.
  20. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

I am now blind, ty. Dude.. I can understand your frustration with the apple commercials, but what you said in that video could have been summed up in less then a minute, and everytime I thought you were about to sum it up, then came the "Another thing..." Its like the energizer rabbit, it just keeps going and going..

Make them shorter, to the point.. the cut ins were nice..but still to long

And if your gonna 'bash' apple, try doing it with a more thought out approach, then just saying what it can and can not do..I remember an ad for apple back in the 90s in a magazine, which I think was great.. and clever.. the ad was spread out over 5 pages..so everytime you turned a page you say the next part of the ad, page one would be lile, "Windows can let you access programs right from your desktop" then next page just had a picture of a mac and said, "Imagine that" then next page would be something that windows could do, followed by the next page being the same, pic of a mac, saying "Imagine that" ..basically, it was showing all these things windows could do that mac could do all along..I had a mac back then..loved the ad..

Rich