Could Google Remove Youtube from Apple Products

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
[video=youtube;tqUeLsg-D7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqUeLsg-D7Q[/video]
directly from my youtube channel, watch the video and let me know what you guys think.

Mr.Waters

Elysian

Reaction score
I'm not sure. I'd imagine the FCC could get involved if they did, but I'm not really sure.

OP
M

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
well no they couldn't just go in from the browser because that would require the iphone to have flash, and without the native youtube application on the iphone, ipod, and ipad there would be no way to view the youtube videos. In terms of the FCC stepping in, there would be no grounds to step in on, in no way does it violate the monopolization law, or the Anti-Competitive Regulatory Laws so i don't think so.

Reaction score
I dont think flash is needed I can get on youtube from my browser, plus im sure apple has to pay for the app to be on there anyway so why would they do that?

Last edited:

Elysian

Reaction score
well no they couldn't just go in from the browser because that would require the iphone to have flash, and without the native youtube application on the iphone, ipod, and ipad there would be no way to view the youtube videos. In terms of the FCC stepping in, there would be no grounds to step in on, in no way does it violate the monopolization law, or the Anti-Competitive Regulatory Laws so i don't think so.

2 words. Net Neutrality.

OP
M

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
well you can get on youtube but you can't play the videos, and yeah i agree with net neutrality but in this case it isn't on the internet. Its an application on the iphone itself, and just as apple can ban apps from its own app store, the developer of the app should be able to do the same

Mojo

Reaction score
Why would google want to do this... it would cost them ad revenue from apple users, as well as force them to use alternatives like daily motion and sites like that.

P.S. Tip dont hold the mic so close to your lips.

OP
M

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
not going to make excuses, just using a low quality mic (its from rock band), broke the microphone port on my laptop so hehe. Anywho, i mean just on the iphone, ipad, and ipod. Well considering the recent attacks apple is making at google's android, wouldn't not being able to play youtube videos be something that would draw people away from the iphone. Would give android a huge boost.

Elysian

Reaction score
not going to make excuses, just using a low quality mic (its from rock band), broke the microphone port on my laptop so hehe. Anywho, i mean just on the iphone, ipad, and ipod. Well considering the recent attacks apple is making at google's android, wouldn't not being able to play youtube videos be something that would draw people away from the iphone. Would give android a huge boost.

Would also be very easy to file another lawsuit, for anticompetitive behavior.

OP
M

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
yeah it would also make them look like children who are retaliating. Apple was smart though, they didn't attack Google directly, just the company which is the largest and arguably best manufacturer of their operating system.

Yodes

Reaction score
LOL I'm all for Youtube staying on the iPhone. Oh the irony of one of apple's top apps being from their nemesis company :icon_ banana:

OP
M

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
what about maybe Google creating some features on the Android app exclusively for Android phones, like i dunno maybe the ability to make video playlists or other stuff.