MP3 Bookmarks, Audiobooks

ldimick

Reaction score
I love to listen to Audio books. So far Audible.com has chosen to not offer an Android app. So I listen to the books as MP3 files. It is a bit of a pian because no players offer the capability to pick up where you left off when listening to a book. I use bTunes, which I really like, but wish it would bookmark.

Any suggestions or solutions?

skyhigh

Reaction score
The Ambling BookPlayer works great for listening to audiobooks. It has a nice bookmarking system that tracks your position across all the files in the book, and you don't have to manually change files while listening.

It also has a bookmark history system that creates automatic bookmarks whenever you stop, start, or move to a new position in the book. If you ever lose your place you can just press the undo key and you are back where you were before. The free version supports 5 levels of undo/redo, and if you buy the player it supports hundreds of levels of undo/redo.

You can purchase non-DRM audiobooks in mp3 format to download directly to your phone from AmblingBooks.com and they also have a lot of free audiobooks you can download from their site. If you buy the player is supports playing any audiobook from the SD card (as long as it doesn't have DRM encryption restrictions like Audible or m4b files).

smiller136

Reaction score
Astro player Nova is awesome for this. You can have unlimited bookmarks among many other features. The developer is great. He reads the forum and Is extremely helpful when you have problems or concerns.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App