MP3 Audiobooks playback position

krolique

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got my droid this weekend and I loaded some of my crap on it.
I listen to audio books which are all single file. However I can't figure out how to get the droid default player to resume the position on which I left off from if/then i close the player.

dkelly701

Reaction score
You are better off to get an app specifically for audiobooks. I use one called Bookdroid. Not only will it keep your place in the audiobook, if the audiobook has multible files, it will combine them to give you a total book time. It doesn't physically combine them, but if all the files added togeather are 25 hours long, it will show a slider that shows where you are presently at within that 25 hours. It has several more features. Price is about 4 bucks I think. Well worth it if you listen to alot of books.

Absent Mobile

There are a few others out there as well, but I am not familar with them. Google android and audiobook.

Billiard22

Reaction score
I listen to audio books also with the default player. I hit the home button instead of the back button or closing the player and it always remembers where I am. It even remembers when I turn my phone off and then turn it back on. An app would be ideal though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

LorenzoStDuBois

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
I listen to audio books also with the default player. I hit the home button instead of the back button or closing the player and it always remembers where I am. It even remembers when I turn my phone off and then turn it back on. An app would be ideal though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dumb dumb moron question sorry: what is the name of the default player? Google play music?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Dumb dumb moron question sorry: what is the name of the default player? Google play music?
This thread is almost 5 years old. Android has changed a lot and so have the phones. Now the default player will depend on which device you have. If your looking for a player that will hold position even during reboots I recommend Rocket Player

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk