Movistar (SA) Internet/WAP Issues

Pepito1134

Reaction score
I live in Ecuador, and I own a Droid 2 Global from Verizon. I unlocked the sim card through Verizon, and have inserted my Movistar 3G capable (worked on my BB Storm) Sim card. After switching my plan from BB Data, to Movistar Internet obviously.
They originally told me that I would be able to pick up the signal immediately, but that was not so. After consulting some forums, I found that I had to set my own APN settings to get the 3G to work correctly.
I found these here:

Configuracion Wap Movistar Ecuador

APN settings

Nombre del perfil:Movistar WAP

Apn: wap.movistar.com.ec

Nombre de Usuario: movistar (todo minúsculas)

Contraseña: movistar (todo minúsculas)

Dirección Proxy o el IP Gateway primario: 10.3.5.50
Número de Puerto:9001

(Si te solicita llenar otros campos dejalos tal como estan).

Movistar Ecuador is on a GSM/UMTS 900/1800 MHz (2G), UMTS 2100 MHz (3G) and HSDPA (3.5G) network

I got it set up, and the Droid actually has an icon on the top of my screen that says "3G" with aarows up and down, and sometimes swtiches to "H".
But for some reason unknown to me, whenever i try to use an app like Market, or gmail, or facebook, or anything that requires a 3G connection, the app times out, and gives me the "cannot connect to server, check your internet" screen.

I need a solution, because i dont want to be paying the Internet services much longer if im not going to be able to use them. Thanks for reading.

hbock

Reaction score
Solution

Hi,
If you haven't solve this issue yet I would recommend you to go to service store in front of Movistar Headquarters (Republica y Pradera), they know how to set up your phone.

OP
Pepito1134

Pepito1134

Reaction score
well i finally found a person that could hook it up with a fix. Some movistar tech manager who configured the APN with the correct info. Here it is:

Name: Movistar GPRS
APN: internet.movistar.com.ec
Proxy: <none>
Port: <none>
Username: movistar
Password: movistar
Server: <none>
MMSC: <none>
MMS Proxy: <none>
MMS Port: <none>
MCC: 740
MNC: 00