Moving files from to pc

scottshad

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid (first edt) and I have found that I cannot send big files thru the use of emails.
How can I hook up my phone to my computer and down these great movies I have taken of my family???
Please be advised you are dealing with newbi and my knownledge about these phones is limited.
I do thank you!

harrellj

Reaction score
Plug the phone into your computer via the usb cable, drag down the notification bar and there should be an entry of "usb connected". Click it, and it should launch a new window where you tell it to mount the sd card. At that point, your computer should get a new hard drive, which is the contents of your SD card. If you know where your files are on the card, just go to the appropriate folder and drag/drop the files onto your computer.

Alternatively, there are apps like DropBox which allow you to have a folder on your phone and computer be kept in sync.

If you were wanting to do the reverse (get files onto the computer), I'd recommend Awesome Drop for that.

OP
scottshad

scottshad

Reaction score
harrellj, I am downloading dropbox now and I will see if that will be my answer.
I do THANK YOU for the quick response and the good info!!!!!!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
How big are these files? After a certain point you'll probably want to use a USB connection.