Moving apps to replacement phone

denverslp

Reaction score
I recently cracked the screen on my droid and insurance replaced it. I have the Shapewriter app on my old phone and don't think I can survive without it. The old phone still works kind of...is there any way for me to transfer the app before I sent the broken droid back? Shapewriter is no longer on the market :( HELP!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your apps are associated with your Google account so when you activate your new/replacement and sign into your Google account all of your apps should download. If not, open the market tap menu, tap downloads. All of your apps will display for you to reinstall.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Reaction score
I use Astro file manager to back up all my apps to my SD Card. Only the paid ones show back up automatically so Astro helps me reinstall all my other apps without going out and searching for them again.

davidansley

Reaction score
I use Astro file manager to back up all my apps to my SD Card. Only the paid ones show back up automatically so Astro helps me reinstall all my other apps without going out and searching for them again.

A bit off topic but you mentioned using astro file manager to back up apps to the sd card...I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do that!! I have been trying to do it so I can free up some space in the phone's memory by moving apps I don't use a lot to the sd card but I can't figure out how to do it. A PM from anyone with the knowledge so we don't clutter this thread with unrelated data would be great, thanks!

Reaction score

A bit off topic but you mentioned using astro file manager to back up apps to the sd card...I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do that!! I have been trying to do it so I can free up some space in the phone's memory by moving apps I don't use a lot to the sd card but I can't figure out how to do it. A PM from anyone with the knowledge so we don't clutter this thread with unrelated data would be great, thanks!

When you open Astro File Manager, press the phone's menu button (the one on the bottom of the screen that looks like four lines). Then press "tools." Then press "application manager/backup. Then check all or just the apps you want to back up and press the "Backup Button."

When you go to restore, you will do the same thing except you will press the "backed up apps" option at the top of the screen and choose the ones you want to restore.

Hope that helps.