Movies on the Eris?

Reaction score
Ok well first, if you don't know about the softwre giveaway of the day site, they posted WinX DVD ripper Platinum for todays's giveaway. If you don't have ripping software then check it out.

Secondly, i was curious to see who of you have successfully watched movies on the Eris? if so, whats the ideal resolution for the eris?

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Not sure for ideal, but the dvdtodroid ripper settings will not play on eris (not sure on those). Ones i ripped for my old voyager (using an ipod setting 320x240) do but not sure the eris can playback better quality.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have only used the Movies app to watch trailers. I've been very impressed with that. However, if I watch a movie I want to watch it on my large screen flat-panel with surround sound! :)

Sam Lemur

Reaction score
Movies

I use DVDshrink to rip to HDD, ensure you rip with no compression. Then use Handbrake to encode. Importantly - Use the ipod/touch setting and select 420 x XXX (XXX will change automatically as you will check the box for keeping aspect ratio). When selecting the source, use the folder you ripped to. Give it a path and name and you can let it rip. I have 10-12 completed so far, all work fine. Newer movies with better copy protection may need better programs. You can view them with the stock album viewer or with a good market app.

Enjoy

Reaction score
d/l video player from the market.

i have to yet to change any format from movies ive d/l'd or ripped.

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
I use real player to convert my avi's and they come out pretty good.

Pimco

Reaction score
I have tons of movies I have bought and used the digital download code for my Ipod/computer. I want to know if I am able to use these movies on my HTC Eris. I've tried some converters but it wont even convert. What video formats does the phone read and use, I was awed when I went to the Verizon store and saw that there was two movies on the demo phone (UP, Coraline). There is even movies I have bought straight from Itunes and those wont work. I would like to have a couple of movies on the phone to keep the kids busy while I drive or while I am on the plane because I don't want to carry my phone and Ipod

HTC

Reaction score
@ Pimco

I believe the HTC Eris can play .mp4 and .3gp video files.

I have many movies on my Hero. Also, iPod movies have a bigger resolution and the Eris nor the Hero can play them.

Use Total Video Converter to convert any type of video to mobile .mp4.

lmandl

Reaction score
I've downloaded Lukluk. It has a rather large assortment of movies and several tv shows. You must register first or you just will get movie trailers. Helps when stuck in traffic!