Movies on Droid

Guchi

Reaction score
What format do movies need to be converted to?

if you get "magic video converter" it will convert any vid files to .mp4 that will play on the droid. you need to set it to 854x480 so you will get full screen and turn up the audio bitrate from the stock setting. then you will want to use "cinema" player as it uses hardware acceleration and will sync the video and audio because the stock player sucks

metsnfins

Reaction score
If you are having issues converting videos, or just do not want to mess with it... Check out
ENTER

Click on enter the new site and click on Movies in the top right hand corner... choose the MP4 movies (for psp and ipod) They play great on the droid... Not perfect but really good :icon_ devil:

they won't play for me at all. i hear audio but no video

i tried several (click, forgetting sarah marshall)

ive tried playing with the standard player and act 1 trial player

please help

phatkat66

Reaction score
If you are having issues converting videos, or just do not want to mess with it... Check out
ENTER

Click on enter the new site and click on Movies in the top right hand corner... choose the MP4 movies (for psp and ipod) They play great on the droid... Not perfect but really good :icon_ devil:

Hey I been tryin to use this site to get some movies but im not sure what to do once i get to the list of movies it always leads me to some review site or says server busy or something. Can you help me out? Thanks.

DogPaw

Reaction score
I have been using cusoft for years. Converts movies for psp, itouch, pda zune, droid you name it. Just pop the movie in hit convert and it creates a file. Copy that file to your SD card and open the gallery and find your video and your off and going. I am using the itouch mp4 setting for the Droid and I get a nice full screen in great definition. Well worth the bucks!

Ultimate DVD Converter, Video Converter, DVD + Video Converter Suite

ChicagoFire

Reaction score
Where do you put the vids and how do you play them? Just drop them in the Camera folder?

I just created a folder called Videos with sub folders for movies and TV Series. In the movie I just copies the movies to the movie folder and in the TV Series folder, I created subfolder for each series and under these I created Season subfolders. Works great for me.

ChicagoFire

metsnfins

Reaction score
why dont i see the movie player ap in my aps?

i get to it by going to the camera and switching to video and trying to play the video

but there has to be an easier way

help

phone

Reaction score

i get to it by going to the camera and switching to video and trying to play the video

help

You can go through the "gallery." Act 1 Video Player is a good app, if you don't mind paying for one.

metsnfins

Reaction score
Yeah I just figured out the gallery way. Why isn't "movies" listed as an ap?

ChicagoFire

Reaction score

help

I have been using Astro File Manager which is free. It gives you a directory/file view of your files and I just click on my 320x240 .wmv movie files and they automatically play with the Gallery player. I have set up a directory structure like one of the other posts suggested and it is working great for me. Astro also lets you set the application association for the file type you want to play. for .wmv, I set the association to Video.

ChicagoFire

Vladimir

Reaction score
ENTER

none of those movies work on my moto droid... audio is perfect, says its playable but no video is there a trick?

sxmead

Reaction score
I've been reading a lot of posts, and now I'm thoroughly confused. I've downloaded handbrake, aimersomethingor other, but still don't know how to take a dvd and make it play on my droid. I know, I'm an idiot. Could someone describe how to, I guess, convert the movie to the proper format and then transfer it from my computer to my phone?