Movies on Droid

DroidGurl

Reaction score
I am now thoroughly impressed with anyone who has been able to put a movie on their Droid. I have spent a lot of time trying to get one movie on there - the digital copy authorization came WITH the DVD purchase so it's all legit, but I cannot make it work. I've read through the forums a ton and have seen the programs people are using, frankly it's all just over my head. :) Although I am glad I found Meridian, it's better for playing my music than the stock player.

R

racklefratz

I am now thoroughly impressed with anyone who has been able to put a movie on their Droid.

I know lots of people do it, but frankly, I'm always impressed that anyone has the patience to sit for an hour and a half and watch a movie on such a tiny screen. :icon_eek: Kind of amazes me, actually.

Mojo

Reaction score
If you are having issues converting videos, or just do not want to mess with it... Check out
ENTER

Click on enter the new site and click on Movies in the top right hand corner... choose the MP4 movies (for psp and ipod) They play great on the droid... Not perfect but really good :icon_ devil:

D

dvdcatalyst

I am now thoroughly impressed with anyone who has been able to put a movie on their Droid. I have spent a lot of time trying to get one movie on there - the digital copy authorization came WITH the DVD purchase so it's all legit, but I cannot make it work. I've read through the forums a ton and have seen the programs people are using, frankly it's all just over my head. :) Although I am glad I found Meridian, it's better for playing my music than the stock player.

Digital Copies that they put on some DVDs onl;y work with iTunes-connected devices such as the iPod/iPhone and AppleTV. When you transfer the Digital Copy, it needs to be imported in iTunes and than activated to your iTunes account.

coolkidd

Reaction score
..... - the digital copy authorization came WITH the DVD purchase so it's all legit, .....

This is probably your problem.... If you downloaded the movie via Free Digital Copy, it will ask you where are you going to play it (iPod Touch, PSP, PS3, etc...)

I do not think Droid is supported yet if you download a Digital Copy of the movie.

OP
DroidGurl

DroidGurl

Reaction score
I wanted to update here...I had pretty much given up and after all the time I've spent. However, DVD Catalyst went way above and beyond in troubleshooting my issue and I think I'm ready to give it another try. :) It really impresses me when a product representative is active on a forum and accessible for questions/assistance, even more so when they are being helpful on issues that don't relate to their software.

I will give it a try for the 20% of the movie on the trial version, if it works I will be happily buying the program.

GixxerJoe, thanks for the link! What color is your GSX-R? I'm a Suzuki fan myself.

CoolKidd, I believe that is exactly the issue. Good call. :)

Kent...agreed there. I gave it a try and it definitely boils down all of the processes to get from DVD to Droid. It all seemed overwhelming, with decrypters and rippers and downsizing etc. Glad there is a software out there that just does it. And, ironically after I downloaded the trial version to give it a shot I wasn't able to read the directions/help (I have a very old version of Acrobat for a specific reason so this is the price I pay sometimes). HOWEVER, I still was able to figure out how to use it without instructions. That says a lot!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I bought Catalyst 3 and AnyDVD....no problems ripping any movie that I own.

cb2000a

Reaction score
Yep Catalyst 3 is a great program and well worth the (now priced) $9.95.

NVash

Reaction score
Where do you put the vids and how do you play them? Just drop them in the Camera folder?

Bimmerjo

Reaction score
I am now thoroughly impressed with anyone who has been able to put a movie on their Droid.

I know lots of people do it, but frankly, I'm always impressed that anyone has the patience to sit for an hour and a half and watch a movie on such a tiny screen. :icon_eek: Kind of amazes me, actually.

You'd be surprised at what a 4 hour layover wait will do to you at an airport...

R

racklefratz

You'd be surprised at what a 4 hour layover wait will do to you at an airport...

Been there, done that. I've made several trips to SE Asia and back.

Point taken, but I doubt many of the questions we see here have roots in the need for diversion in airport layovers. IMO, these same posters could just go home and play their DVDs in their home systems, and get a lot more satisfaction in the process.

NVash

Reaction score
I thought the same thing about playing RPGs using the emulators on the Droid.

ChicagoFire

Reaction score
Where do you put the vids and how do you play them? Just drop them in the Camera folder?
If you know how to connect your Droid to your pc as a USB hard drive, I just created a folder called Videos and dragged and dropped my compressed movies in there. The Droid finds them and they are listed in the Gallery.

For several years now, I've converted all of my DVDs to HQ wmv's using the Zune preset (AVS video converter) because before I got my Droid, I used a Zune to view my movies. This format and size 320x240 does not fill the entire screen, but the quality is very high, file size is pretty small and I don't have to spend time recompressing all of my movies to use them on my Droid.

ChicagoFire