Motorola Watch-Like Personal Fitness and Music Device

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
motorola-active-gps-1311786779-550x380.jpg

Motorola has been sending a little survey out to a select few consumers gauging response to a new (presumably Android-based) product. No, it’s not a smartphone or even a tablet, it’s a small watch-like device designed for personal fitness and music. What could potentially be branded MotoActive most closely resemble Sony Ericsson’s LiveView or the iPod Nano, and would act as a standalone mashup of the two concepts with wireless syncing between your PC and Android devices and a “smart music player.” For now the device remains a concept that may never reach market, the results of this particular survey perhaps playing a role in the final decision. So how about out own informal survey. MotoActive personal fitness tracker/music player. Yay or nay?

SOURCE: Motorola considering Nike+ SportWatch contender? -- Engadget

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
This looks identical to my iPod Nano. It's a great idea, but not a new one.

c_mack9

Reaction score
This looks identical to my iPod Nano. It's a great idea, but not a new one.
i would much rather run cardiotrainer on this than my big, heavy ass droid3. this is a great idea, i would much rather have a device this small running android than just a tiny music player. this even has a heart rate monitor, so if it has gps it has potential to be amazing.

doctordoctor

Reaction score
yay. I was just thinking how nice it would be to have an android based Ipod. I guess in the end after I get my Bionic my OD can become my wifi device and my i pod touch.??? so maybe I don't need this new device. but using my OD as a watch would be a little bulky

sstenhjem

Reaction score
I want one! Better than carrying my phone with me and using the imapmyrun app to get my pace and calories burned.

otmlb1128

Reaction score
My question is how do I get headphones from my wrist to my ears? That would really annoy me. Especially when lifting weights, they could get in the way.

darkmatter

Reaction score
If it has bluetooth, I would buy it today. We need more hardware that can compete with ipods, but aren't tethered to itunes.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
My question is how do I get headphones from my wrist to my ears? That would really annoy me. Especially when lifting weights, they could get in the way.

Bluetooth headset

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

i3izkit12

Reaction score
Yeah if this thing had a bluetooth headset it would be perfect. Even the mock up of the watch is something I would wear just as a watch. for the 25 and under crowd that's not a bad look. That coupled with it's small size, color touch screen, a different music interface than Itunes, workout apps, and being completely wireless would make me a costumer. From the mock up it looks like you might be able to remove it from the watch as well which would be nice when you just want a music player as well. The idea has a lot of potential and is way better than anything currently out today.

azules9780

Reaction score
First off, they need to ask me if they should make it and I would give them a resounding YES!!! Secondly, I can get on board with it right now as it stands which would be a very good competitor to the iPod. However, I do triathlons and if this had the capability to track my movements via GPS, had a heartrate sensor built in, waterproof because I would swim with it too, along with being able to perform other normal functions such as tell time, BT my stored music on it to the headphones I was wearing all at the same time, I would be willing to pay a pretty large sum for this device. Obviously later they could incorporate more things and more technology into but this could and most likely would have a huge initial first year in the active peoples market. Tri's, cyclist, runners, swimmers and a whole slew of other different sport disciplines. I look forward to this making it to market.

darkmatter

Reaction score
If it has bluetooth, you could just ziplock bag it for waterproofing.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I love my Sandisk Clip (superior in many ways to the IPod nano) and my Polar Heart rate monitor but if I could combine them + GPS that would be very convenient.