Motorola task manager?

tc1

Reaction score
Anybody ever use this?

I stuck a few apps that I knew I would never use on the auto end list.

I know with Android and gingerbread especially that a task manager isn't needed but I figure it can't really hurt if its an app that I never even open once.

Thoughts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Thach

Reaction score
I have done the same thing just to see how things go. There are a couple apps that I have never opened but see the running once in a while (like Slacker).

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Anybody ever use this?

I stuck a few apps that I knew I would never use on the auto end list.

I know with Android and gingerbread especially that a task manager isn't needed but I figure it can't really hurt if its an app that I never even open once.

Thoughts?

I used it pretty extensively on my Pro and it worked great so I am using it now on my Razr. I have all the apps I know I will never use selected for closing after screen off for 2 minutes and many of the apps I do use. I figure that after the screen goes off I am not using that app anyway. The exception to this is apps like gmail, messaging, video player etc that may still need to run even if the screen is off. It has made a pretty significant difference at the end of the day in terms of time between charges.

Hermes

Reaction score
I got my Razr yesterday and found this app too. Kind of odd that all along we've been told task managers were not needed yet Motorola included one in the Razr. Nonetheless I checked off most of the apps in the list. So far so good and no ill effects.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I got my Razr yesterday and found this app too. Kind of odd that all along we've been told task managers were not needed yet Motorola included one in the Razr. Nonetheless I checked off most of the apps in the list. So far so good and no ill effects.
Yeah I know what you mean about Moto telling us to get rid of any Task Killer/Manager. I wouldn't have started using it but I saw a Moto Tech give a video on how to use it so I figured if Moto was releasing a video recommending it's use I'd give it a try. It does make a difference in battery consumption. I also found out that certain apps can cause Task Manager to stop working correctly. Unfortunately you have to discover which ones by trial and error. Example: I was using TweetCaster and found that when I launched TweetCaster is would disable Task Manager...so I quit using TweetCaster. I have no idea what other apps may have the same effect.

Hermes

Reaction score
I have everything checked to auto kill except browser, email, weatherbug, battery circle, Google talk and voicemail. So far so good.:)