Motorola H17txt vs Blueant(t1 or q2) & their respectable apps.

jcg11

Reaction score
I just lost my 4-5 year old LG bluetooth and need to get a new one. I have been doing some reasearch and found I am probably looking for either the Blueant or Motorola. I am looking for multipoint, A2DP, and txt to speach on text messages. I also would also like to have a bluetooth that doesn't sound like I am walking through a wind tunnel while talking.

I seem to like the overall design of the Motorola with the flip out microphone and better fit (from reviews I read only). The Blueants may have a bit better noise cancelling though.

What I would really like to know is which one has the better app? Both are free, but you have to pay around $13 for the pro version of motospeak. I also can't figure out if you that is a one time fee or annual. Who has used either or both and what are your thoughts on them?

If there are any other ones out there that you think are a must have, feel free to mention them.

Thank, John.

OP
J

jcg11

Reaction score
Nobody out there has any input on these? Are these that new that they are not really used that much?

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
jcg11, I have used Blue Ant in the past and will use nothing else. I recommend them over Motorola.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nobody out there has any input on these? Are these that new that they are not really used that much?
It's pretty unlikely that you'll find someone who has specifically used 2 of any combination of BT headsets. Some people, like me, don't really use headsets much.

I haven't had a Motorola BT headset in years but I doubt I'd buy one based on prior experience unless a trusted reviewer gave an absolutely glowing review.

i use Motorola headset,it works well for me
Um, model? They make a few more than just one.

OP
J

jcg11

Reaction score
Takeshi, I work for an HVAC Co. & am in my van makeing calls all day long. In addition to the safety factor, most cities around me are makeing it illegal to drive while on your phone. I get most of my messages from the office via text message. That is why I am hoping to get a headset with the text to speech program. I was just wondering if one was preferred over the other. Thank you for the imput.

OP
J

jcg11

Reaction score
Well I ended up odering a Blueant Q2 today. After reading a bunch of reviews it seemed like a no brainer. I will hopefully be getting it by the end of the week. I will leave a review once I try it out.

skatkins

Reaction score
Have both

I see you already purchased Q2, but thought others might benefit. I have both and use with Droid X. Started with the Motorola which has good sound and is very convenient with the flip on/off, but it was LESS comfortable for me so I tried the Q2. Right now people tell me that I sound muffled to them when I use it. I love the sound and comfort from the listener's perspective, so I'm looking to see if a Q2 app (which I cannot find) or a firmware update (which did not launch properly on my PC - 32 bit) could fix that. So, for now it's back to the Motorola.