Motorola Droid Case Reviews

pwjone1

Reaction score
Ive got a black vaja case comin'. they just changed their estimated handicraft process to 15 days from 40

Yes, I noticed Vaja had decreased the wait time. Must be that their line is up and working now. Vaja cases are generally extremely well made, at the top in quality on materials and so forth, a welcome addition to what's available for the Droid. Looking at the case:

attachment.php

The only thing that bothers me a bit is the way Vaja handled the corners. The bottom left and right of the phone as it sits in a pocket seem to me relatively open. Same with the top corners. I suppose that's so you can push on the bottom, to get the phone out, but on for example a Sena Kutu:

LR_Sena_MotorolaDroid_Kutu_k_style.jpg

those are all covered. The Trade-off with the Sena is that it needs a fabric pull to get the phone out, the Vaja does not, but still the corners are not quite as protected. Top's open on both of course, and the Vaja has more protection than say the PDAir vertical pouch or Cellet Bergamo, by virtue of it's leather sides.

When you get your Vaja case, you should post a review and some pictures. Vaja doesn't, for some reason, show the case on their web site with a Droid in it, will be interesting to see how they tailor it (do they square things up, for instance, the iPhone and the BBs are a little more rounded than the Droid).

Good luck!

Attachments

• Vaja_Droid.jpg
    Vaja_Droid.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 914

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I just got the Sena Kutu and I find the pull strap to be very convenient and easy to use. Although the phone is actually not tight at all and an upward shake (like youre getting a cigarette from a soft pack) and the phone is accessible. Or a slight downward shake into your palm will dislodge the phone as well. My only concern with the Kutu case is its a trap for dust and particles and I try to blow it out daily in case something unwanted like a piece of sand got down in there.

jbsangel

Reaction score
I preferred the Kutu over the Vaja for the reason stated: it covers more of the phone rather then leaving the corners exposed.

I decided to keep my Kutu case. I've been using it the last few days I am happy with my choice. At first I was turned off because I felt it came out of the case too easily, but based on the few people that have it that have posted in this forum, it seems normal and not defective. I was initially worried that the phone came out too easily, but so far no problems with it coming out of the case without my help.

The build quality and look are both, imo, really good. Very professional and sleek looking case. I can post pictures if anyone would like some.

ezeStand

Reaction score
I have the BodyGlove case, and I love the fit...however, there are 2 MAJOR issues with it.

1. You can't fit it into any dock or mm station.

2. If you plan on taking pictures, the case gets in the way...the flash creates a nasty haze from the rubberized hole that is on the back, and the clip actually gets in the way if you don't remove it first!

These issues should be non-existent.
I wouldn't call not fitting into any dock or mm station a major flaw. Most cases that stay on the phone at all times don't fit in a dock. It's the nature of the beast.
ezeStand does allow you to place the Droid into Multimedia mode even with a case on the phone.
Thanks,

cuskit

Reaction score
I have the BodyGlove case, and I love the fit...however, there are 2 MAJOR issues with it.

1. You can't fit it into any dock or mm station.

If you refer to a "true" dock, in other words, a fixed microUsb connector - yes, the covers are an issue.

But as most here on the forums know, several cradles are available that facilitate charging (and also) audio cable hookup when placed in a cradle for a multimedia experience. Not trying to be a salesman here - but just letting you know what options are available. If you look into our Supporting Vendor Section as well as the droidforums store you will see many viable answers here. And yes - MIKRADLE does allow for ALL current covers sold. My apologies if this sounds like I'm spamming - but it is difficult to post honest answers without mentioning these facts.

I purchased my Moto Dock back when we had NO options! I was really irked by having to constantly remove my cover. Dang what a nuisance! I had to take the bull by the horn and do something about that, pioneering the way for keeping covers on while charging or utilizing a computer hookup as well as an audio cable for speakers, earphones, etc.. Following my precedent others have joined the fray and you now have many options.

So - you have NO major flaw! Plug in your cable and enjoy a multimedia experience! :) mike

ekimia

Reaction score
when i get the case i will definately post it up here. I have had quite a few vaja cases - all of them excellent. I know the pictures arent fully updated yet but i have faith :).

Comptrgeek

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Case

I went with the Shell/Holster Combo...wasn't sure at first, but now i love it. Use with/without the holster, but it does protect the screen while in the holster....

nhlnut

Reaction score
I just got ghost armor. Works awesome, feels naked, looks great and fits in all docking stations with no problem.

junk

Reaction score
Body Glove is nice... I thought it was one of the 15.99 cases she showed me.. but when I went to check out she's like 31.99 please... I'm like, Whoa I thought this was 15.. I said lemme see this other one on the Dr0id.. she tried for like 40 sec to remove the case, looks up and says these are Impossible to remove... I say **** it.. Any case that hard to remove HAS TO BE THE CASE for me..

I'm now out 32$!

You also cant use any docks or dash mounts or any other snap in accessories
This Dr0id wedges between my windshield and dash PERFECT! I don't really need anything else..
I bought the Body Glove case and the little tabs on the screen side broke. I had a friend who gae me his as he had switched to a different case, the tabs broke again. Never dropped it or anything. I loved body glove for my LG phones but for Droid I would avoid it.

rrmetal

Reaction score
Got the off-the-shelf black plastic/foam alligator finish sleeve (16.99 and 20% discount) at the Verizon store when I got the Droid. Nice, functional, cheap and 'official' Verizon/Moto/Droid gear. Total pain getting it on a simple 'this end up' picture would have helped. Will look for an inexpensive, highly padded, semi-disposable holster that will take the Droid plus sleeve.

orange93

Reaction score
Got the off-the-shelf black plastic/foam alligator finish sleeve (16.99 and 20% discount) at the Verizon store when I got the Droid. Nice, functional, cheap and 'official' Verizon/Moto/Droid gear. Total pain getting it on a simple 'this end up' picture would have helped. Will look for an inexpensive, highly padded, semi-disposable holster that will take the Droid plus sleeve.

I don't know if this: Amazon.com: Black Prima Premium Leather All Purpose PDA Cell Phone Case: Electronics is kinda what you are looking for or if http://www.thephoneaccess.webs.comhttp://www.thephoneacces.webs.com/ would have something you could use.

FuzzyBeard

Reaction score
I'm using an Uncle Mike's #2 (i think it was a #2) pocket gun holster. Had it laying around and it fit perfectly. It adds enough bulk to the phone so it sits in my shirt pocket well, and slides in and out for easy use...but won't slide out by itself.

A

assmunke

I had the rubberized textured snap on case from a verizon store. great protection but it was a huge brick in that thing and the slider was sh!tty with it on. just got my Seidio in the mail from amazon(18 bucks) wow what a perfect fit- not nearly as much protection (or bulk, thank god) as the old one, but the fit is impeccable and just what i was looking for. So good that i would have paid 30 bucks for one, even if it is overpriced.

pwjone1

Reaction score
Ive got a black vaja case comin'. they just changed their estimated handicraft process to 15 days from 40

Yes, I noticed Vaja had decreased the wait time. Must be that their line is up and working now. Vaja cases are generally extremely well made, at the top in quality on materials and so forth, a welcome addition to what's available for the Droid. Looking at the case:

attachment.php

The only thing that bothers me a bit is the way Vaja handled the corners. The bottom left and right of the phone as it sits in a pocket seem to me relatively open. Same with the top corners. I suppose that's so you can push on the bottom, to get the phone out, but on for example a Sena Kutu:

LR_Sena_MotorolaDroid_Kutu_k_style.jpg

those are all covered. The Trade-off with the Sena is that it needs a fabric pull to get the phone out, the Vaja does not, but still the corners are not quite as protected. Top's open on both of course, and the Vaja has more protection than say the PDAir vertical pouch or Cellet Bergamo, by virtue of it's leather sides.

When you get your Vaja case, you should post a review and some pictures. Vaja doesn't, for some reason, show the case on their web site with a Droid in it, will be interesting to see how they tailor it (do they square things up, for instance, the iPhone and the BBs are a little more rounded than the Droid).

Good luck!

I checked the Vaja web site, still no pictures of the Droid in a Droid case. Kind of ironic, because they have an iPad case shown on the home page, and that's not even out really. So if anyone gets one of these, 15 days is coming close, please post pictures.