Motorola Droid Case Reviews

ehaus

Reaction score
I've had the PDair case for about a month now and really like it a lot. It's made well, looks sharp and fits well. I like that fact that it doesn't have the belt clip. Lays flat and feels comfortable if you have it in your hand. I do have another generic case that I picked up from Target that does use velcro & has a belt clip (cheap - $9). It's used on the occasions where I don't feel like carrying my phone in my pocket. IMO you can't go wrong with the PDair.

Great. Thanks for the feedback. How secure is the phone in the pouch? I shouldn't be worried about it falling out right? And is it easy to remove the phone? Thanks again.

Phone is very secure in pouch so I wouldn't worry about it falling out. I've shaken it to see how much it would take to make the phone fall out and I can't imagine anyone shaking their phone that much for any reason. Removing the phone is not that difficult. I normally use my thumb and pointing fingers to grab the phone while pulling it out. You will occasionally grab the volume button but IMO it's not a deal breaker. I've only had it over a month, but it still impresses me. Hope this helps.

Awesome! Thanks Akitakan for taking the time to answer my questions. My case is on the way so I hope to be enjoying it soon.

ehaus

Reaction score
An official Motorola Slip Case was spotted at MWC 2010 in Barcelona:

More details here;

Official Motorola Milestone Case coming soon! | Mobile Fun Blog

That looks awesome. I'll have to keep my eye on that one to see when it comes out. I hope it won't be limited to Europe or something like that. I bought an unlocked RAZR when it first came out (for $550...ridiculous when I think about it now) and it came with a real nice leather case that I used for 2 more phones after I got rid of the RAZR. I hope it's of the same quality which it looks like it will be.

jbsangel

Reaction score
So I just received my Sena Kutu case for the droid and I have to say while I'm impressed with the build quality, I'm a little disappointed at the fit.

The case itself is very nice, sleek and smaller than I was expecting. it's very firm and I think would protect the Droid well. It is definitely the caliber of case that would go well for someone dressed to impress.

The fit, however, is not as tight as what I was imagining. I can turn the case upside down and gravity alone won't bring the phone out of the case, but it takes only a gentle shake and the phone starts to come out. A few gentle shakes and it's out and in my hand. I can't imagine needing to use the strap at all, since the phone comes out so easily. Not what I expected at all. I'm worried that after breaking the case in a bit, even that snugness will disappear.

Since I like the Seidio case a lot more than I figured I would, and since I don't think it is loosening my slider, I've decided to keep it. My plan was to send the Kutu back, but then I started thinking about just keeping it if I liked it for those times when I'm dressed up or not wearing a belt. When I opened the box and saw how sexy and sleek and well constructed the case looked, I definitely wanted to keep it. However, the lack of snugness definitely makes me question if I want to keep it.

I'll give it a few days and make a decision.

bernilynn

Reaction score
So I just received my Sena Kutu case for the droid and I have to say while I'm impressed with the build quality, I'm a little disappointed at the fit.

The case itself is very nice, sleek and smaller than I was expecting. it's very firm and I think would protect the Droid well. It is definitely the caliber of case that would go well for someone dressed to impress.

The fit, however, is not as tight as what I was imagining. I can turn the case upside down and gravity alone won't bring the phone out of the case, but it takes only a gentle shake and the phone starts to come out. A few gentle shakes and it's out and in my hand. I can't imagine needing to use the strap at all, since the phone comes out so easily. Not what I expected at all. I'm worried that after breaking the case in a bit, even that snugness will disappear.

Since I like the Seidio case a lot more than I figured I would, and since I don't think it is loosening my slider, I've decided to keep it. My plan was to send the Kutu back, but then I started thinking about just keeping it if I liked it for those times when I'm dressed up or not wearing a belt. When I opened the box and saw how sexy and sleek and well constructed the case looked, I definitely wanted to keep it. However, the lack of snugness definitely makes me question if I want to keep it.

That's interesting. I bought the Sena iphone case before they started making one for the Droid, and it's perfect. It's snug enough that I do use the strap, but not at all difficult to remove.

nhfire152

Reaction score
Thanks!

I still own the Motorola Multi Media Dock. Has anyone out there attempted to use their Seidio Innocase with the Motorola Dock? I am thinking it will not work...but...it's worth asking! I am trying to avoid spending the extra cash on the Seidio Dock and shipping.

Hi Frank,

Unfortunately, the Innocase will not fit with the Motorola Dock. I have the Motorola Dock and ordered the Innocase (not knowing that it wouldn't fit). The Innocase is really difficult to remove, so it's not like I can just quickly pop it off to drop it into the Dock. Unfortunately, the top piece of the Innocase didn't fit my phone, so I'm waiting on a replacement from Seidio. In the meantime, I've been carrying the Droid around without any case and it's been fine so far. I don't love the idea of having to return the perfectly functional Motorola Dock in order to buy an even more expensive Seidio Dock. I may just return the Innocase and be done with it.

Thank you for the feedback! I am still waiting on getting the Innocase...and I splurged on the new Seidio Dock as well. Hopefully, I will like them! LOL.

phoniac

Reaction score

I was actually in between choosing the Sena Kutu case you mentioned here, nice that you mentioned about the loose fit, I was either going for Sena Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : BlackBerry case, iPhone case, Treo case, iPod Touch case, and other PDA cases

or PDair PDair iPhone 3Gs, Motorola DROID Milestone, Google Nexus One, Nokia N97 mini, Nokia N900, HTC HD2 Leo, BlackBerry Bold 9700, Samsung i8000, Sony Ericsson, HP iPAQ Glisten, Palm Pixi, Luxury Cases, Accessories, Leather Case, Silicone Case, Rubberized

I'm an old fart, so nothing fancy I want, just an original pouch type case would do me enough.

nice to be here guys, atmosphere is great and people are actually serious about sharing their experiences. when I receive mine I will definately do my part on sharing.

Mac67

Reaction score
looking for case im in construction and looking for a rubbery? type of case any thoughts thanks in advance

jbsangel

Reaction score
I wonder if the fit of my Sena case is normal or if perhaps I got a lone deviant, LOL. Or perhaps my expectation of how snug it would fit is just too high.

I would expect it to be pretty darn tight fit if it comes with a strap to get the phone out. I don't see needing to use the strap at all with my case, since a few shakes and the phone is out and in my hand ready to go.

I think I've decided to return it. I won't bother with trying a replacement unless Sena is willing to cover the shipping costs.

pwjone1

Reaction score
I wonder if the fit of my Sena case is normal or if perhaps I got a lone deviant, LOL. Or perhaps my expectation of how snug it would fit is just too high.

I would expect it to be pretty darn tight fit if it comes with a strap to get the phone out. I don't see needing to use the strap at all with my case, since a few shakes and the phone is out and in my hand ready to go.

I think I've decided to return it. I won't bother with trying a replacement unless Sena is willing to cover the shipping costs.

I have a Sena Kutu (posted a review earlier), and I'd say yours is about the norm. I've been using mine for a while, and while the phone won't fall out, you can with shaking get it to come out. Of course, it comes out more easily with the strap. The case is snug, but doesn't have a death grip on the phone. You can tighten things up a bit by using some business cards, but leather is going to stretch some, over time. I've tried some cases that were just too tight, it was like a wrestling match to get the phone in or out. Not good, if you're trying to answer the thing. And I have another case with a strap, but in general, it's about the same looseness (and less protective) compared to the Kutu.

I see there's been some discussion of protection, the Kutu, for a Leather case, is pretty good. The top of the phone is not protected, but all of the other sides are. The leather is fairly thick, somewhere around 2mm I'd say, and no case is going to be totally protective and allow you to get the phone out quickly enough to answer, I think the Kutu will probably do pretty well in 90%+ of the normal drops. Whether a silicone or Body glove would be better, I suppose they might pad things a bit more, but mostly they're not protective of the screen. The Kutu is.

I've not yet seen a review of the Case-Mate,

Case-Mate Motorola Droid Naked Case (Case-Mate CM010336), Motorola Cases, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories

that maybe has some potential, and is the only one I've seen pointed out that has some screen protection and doesn't cover the screen.

So far, for pocket cases (vertical holster or slip case, no belt loop), the Sena Kutu and Sena Ultraslim (less protective, but fits like a glove) are the best I've seen. They both cover the screen, and both are well made, quality leather and stitching. The Kutu is more protective, 5-sided. There are a lot of new cases coming out, but so far, Sena seems to me the best.

droidbear

Reaction score
Droid cases

I got the leather snap-on case from Verizon, and I love it, but I agree with what the others have said. It's a pain to take it off. I want to get the multimedia station, but I don't want to go through the ordeal of dealing with the hard case.
By the way, can anyone answer this question for me: If you replace the battery on the Droid, does it erase all the settings for receiving personal and corporate e-mail?

jbsangel

Reaction score
Cool, nice response. If the fit on my kutu case is normal, then I might be persuaded to keep it. I'm a case person and waiver a lot. Some days I'll feel like using a particular case and then others day I may want to use a different case or go naked. That is why I was considering keeping the Kutu even though I like the innocase. It is a beautiful, sleek, very professional looking case and having the screen protected is a nice add for times when the phone is going to go into a bag or something.

As for the case mate, to me that is the same kind of snap-on as the seidio innocase. The seidio case is the thinnest snap-on case on the market that I know of and offers the same kind of pseudo screen protection in that the case extends around the sides of the screen, so while not protecting the screen from say a puncture, it will keep the screen from being exposed if the phone were to say, go sliding across a surface face down.

With my innocase, I find the back plate to be just easy enough to remove for docking to not be annoying, but still hard enough to remove that it doesn't just come off. I'm pretty sure the Seidio innocase and holster will be my day to day case, and if I keep the kutu, it will be for when I'm using the Droid naked, carrying it in a bag, dressed up, etc and dont otherwise want the phone on my hip in a holster. I am a girl after all, LOL.

Queeg

Reaction score
Review of Case-Mate for Droid

I have a Sena Kutu (posted a review earlier), and I'd say yours is about the norm. I've been using mine for a while, and while the phone won't fall out, you can with shaking get it to come out. Of course, it comes out more easily with the strap. The case is snug, but doesn't have a death grip on the phone. You can tighten things up a bit by using some business cards, but leather is going to stretch some, over time. I've tried some cases that were just too tight, it was like a wrestling match to get the phone in or out. Not good, if you're trying to answer the thing. And I have another case with a strap, but in general, it's about the same looseness (and less protective) compared to the Kutu.

I see there's been some discussion of protection, the Kutu, for a Leather case, is pretty good. The top of the phone is not protected, but all of the other sides are. The leather is fairly thick, somewhere around 2mm I'd say, and no case is going to be totally protective and allow you to get the phone out quickly enough to answer, I think the Kutu will probably do pretty well in 90%+ of the normal drops. Whether a silicone or Body glove would be better, I suppose they might pad things a bit more, but mostly they're not protective of the screen. The Kutu is.

I've not yet seen a review of the Case-Mate,

Case-Mate Motorola Droid Naked Case (Case-Mate CM010336), Motorola Cases, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories

that maybe has some potential, and is the only one I've seen pointed out that has some screen protection and doesn't cover the screen.

So far, for pocket cases (vertical holster or slip case, no belt loop), the Sena Kutu and Sena Ultraslim (less protective, but fits like a glove) are the best I've seen. They both cover the screen, and both are well made, quality leather and stitching. The Kutu is more protective, 5-sided. There are a lot of new cases coming out, but so far, Sena seems to me the best.

I did find a review online:

Hands On: Case-Mate Naked Case for the Motorola Droid - Gearlog

After reading it and experiencing massive frustration w/my screen protectors, I am opting to switch to this case from the Body Glove. I will give up some shock resistance but I think it will still be well protected.

Thanks for sharing this!:reddroid:

cammur

Reaction score
By the way, can anyone answer this question for me: If you replace the battery on the Droid, does it erase all the settings for receiving personal and corporate e-mail?

I removed and replaced my battery and I didn't lose any settings. Everything works the same, and a call problem I was having went away.