Motorola Droid Battery Life Poll

boostedhonda

Reaction score
With very heavy usage, which is almost every day i almost always get 12 hours, with average usage ive hit the 24+ hour mark quite a few times.

harpy

Reaction score
6-8 hours.
Texting, surfing, YouTube & Facebook. Short calls, occasional game.
If I use the camera much I go through a whole battery very fast.
I always carry a charged spare, since I can go through a couple a day.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

[email protected]

Reaction score
I was able to go 10 hrs with standard, and 15 plus with extended. The silicon case from the Verizon store works with both.

The thickness difference is minor, but does require the back plate sent with the extended battery.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Marco Montana

Reaction score
This is relative to usage however, and asking this question in a Droid /Root/Hack/Modding community our usages will be far that of a common user.

Before knowing what the Droid could do out of the box etc... I got probably 18-26 hours still very poor considering my BB Curve which I replaced with the Droid, could last sometime 3+ days.

But after finding the true power of the Droid and the abilities it had compared to the BB, WOW... This is where you better have all 3 sources to charge this baby!

I find if I use it just normally no gaming low browsing and basic phone calls I get about 28 hours. But if I use it for mt fantasy football stats, gaming, browsing, watching youtube, streaming videos off my Orb account, streaming radio through the apps- pandora, etc we are talking 4-5 hours max

My 2 cents

Kobe24

Reaction score
Well, for me it depends...if we are busy at work - I can go through my 8hr shift with about 80% left but if we're slow at work - I get home with 10% left. lol

Milton515

Reaction score
Mine is different everyday... Sometimes I can go all day without charging my phone, but sometimes O have charge it 2 or 3 times a day

Sent from D1 running UD1.0.0 with Launcher Pro Plus with Red Theme and stock UD kernel

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Depends upon which Droid phone I'm using. The Droid 1 gets so-so battery charge. I can go most of the day without a charge, but by like 4:00 PM, I'm down in the 40% range, which makes me nervous. The Droid Incredible (an HTC product), with the Seidio 3500 extended battery, gets *outstanding* battery life. I beat on it all day, and by 8:00 at night, I'm still at 90% battery charge. It's becoming my main phone because of that fact. The Droid X, get's similar battery life to the Droid 1 - both are Motorola phones, and seem to have a problem with the Seidio extended batteries.

-Mike

rlb64

Reaction score
Moto Droid 2, first smart phone so right now I am a light to medium user. Right now battery life not a problem but can definatly see me being a heavy user then battery life might be an issue :)

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I get 20-23 hours. Droid 1 rooted running ultimate droid 1.0 compcache disabled. 50% brightness. Auto sync off. Phone is 8 months old so is battery.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I get 20-23 hours. Droid 1 rooted running ultimate droid 1.0 compcache disabled. 50% brightness. Auto sync off. Phone is 8 months old so is battery.

Perhaps I need to clarify an earlier post of mine. I see that Stelv has his brightness set for 50%, and his auto sync turned off. I don't use compcache, so it doesn't factor in to my equation. I have my brightness *cranked*. Why? Because I like the way it looks. I have GPS and auto sync turned on all the time. Why? Because it makes my use of the phone easier, and increases my enjoyment of it.

Let's look at it this way: I bought the phone to enjoy it, and cutting back on this or that to extend battery life decreases my enjoyment. The Droid Incredible and the Droid X are set up similarly - the brightness is almost all the way up, the GPS and Sync are on, and I enjoy using them. The difference is that the Droid Incredible works fine with the extended battery, and allows me to boogie though the day, doing the various things I do with a phone, and at 8:00 at night, I've still got 85% to 90% battery charge left. No compromise on my part and no problem with the battery's part. The Dinc, by the way, is an early AMOLED model, with the beautiful, but battery draining screen.

Sadly, the two Motorola phones, run the same way by me, by 8:00 at night are puttering along at maybe 35-40% battery charge, and that makes me nervous. Yeah, I can plug any of the phones into the charger on my desk at work, and recharge them during the day, but the point is that the Incredible doesn't require it, while the other two do.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I wish I could use all my phones features without worrying about battery life. 50% brightness isn't the greatest. I have been looking at HTCs and they are nice. My friend has an incredible and it runs great. I think my next phone may be an HTC.

lerit50

Reaction score
Yea I wish I could use all my phones features without worrying about battery life. 50% brightness isn't the greatest. I have been looking at HTCs and they are nice. My friend has an incredible and it runs great. I think my next phone may be an HTC.

Exactly what I'm thinking...

I have a droid 1 and have been thinking about replacing it for a droid incredible that I could get from ebay.

What are your guys opinion on this?

p.s. I text a lot and use facebook with the occasional game. Physical keyboard isn't a must, but I still like it

What phone would be better?

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

I have a droid 1 and have been thinking about replacing it for a droid incredible that I could get from ebay.

p.s. I text a lot and use facebook with the occasional game. Physical keyboard isn't a must, but I still like it

The Droid Incredible is an excellent phone. From a battery drain standpoint though, keep in mind that there are two different flavors of Dinc floating around out there: the earlier ones with the AMOLED screens and the more recent variety that have those SLCD screens. My understanding is that battery use is less of an issue with the more recent Dincs, as the AMOLED screen - while gorgeous to look at - sucked up battery power like there was no tomorrow and the SLCD screens (like what we have on our Droid 1s) are more "battery friendly". Buying a Dinc off of eBay can be an inexpensive way of getting a superior phone, but be aware of the TYPE of Dinc you're bidding on.

My two-cents worth.

-Mike

lerit50

Reaction score

The Droid Incredible is an excellent phone. From a battery drain standpoint though, keep in mind that there are two different flavors of Dinc floating around out there: the earlier ones with the AMOLED screens and the more recent variety that have those SLCD screens. My understanding is that battery use is less of an issue with the more recent Dincs, as the AMOLED screen - while gorgeous to look at - sucked up battery power like there was no tomorrow and the SLCD screens (like what we have on our Droid 1s) are more "battery friendly". Buying a Dinc off of eBay can be an inexpensive way of getting a superior phone, but be aware of the TYPE of Dinc you're bidding on.

My two-cents worth.

-Mike

Ok thank you.

So if I were to ask a seller what the manufacture date was, what should I hope the answer is?