Motorola Droid Battery Life Poll

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
im a light to medium user when at work. there is very little if any 3g signal in the building and i get 1-3 bars. it drains usually by the time i get home.

Reaction score
I unplug mine at 7:20 and have to charge around 6-7, i use mine frequently, but have the brightness set to lowest it can go and have an advanced task manager on

Holeinscalp

Reaction score
I'm CONSTANTLY using my precious. RSS feeds, gameboid, videos, texting, music, occasional remote desktop, market browsing, email, and facebook are my usual activities. With plenty of plain ole' messing around in between. So needless to say I get <%5 warnings within 4-5 hours of waking up and unplugging the beast. I would give a toe to get 20+ hours out of my battery :/

SpykeZ

Reaction score
I got horrible battery life out of it when I frist got it but after using juicedefender and wifi battery saver, I can unplug at about 2pm and go till about 5am with about 15% left that's browsing the web on breaks, playing games, txting all day etc etc

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I go 13-15 hours on average with Moderate/Heavy usage. Sometimes less, sometimes more. It all depends on the day i guess lol.

SpykeZ

Reaction score
Is there like some sort of break in for these batteries? I unplugged at 2pm, went to work, used my phone for txting, imobsters and pocket empires while working on and off, break times checking emails light web browsing, I get home 2am in the morning and the battery is only 50% :| that's 12 hours of use constantly and it only hit 50%? I'm giddy lol. Juice Defender <3

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
Droid battery life -- comment to poll

Yes, I would consider myself a light user ---------- meaning I mostly use my phone for calling , checking emails , adding reminders to my calendar and light web use . I usually charge my phone each evening , but I find what really drains the battery is web use .
Recently I purchased an external battery pack for when I might use the phone ( using web surfing or video downloading or viewing ) for any extended amount of time away from a convenient outlet .
Like many out there I am waiting for Motorola to come out with a higher amperage battery . I'm sure that's probably not too far off . :)

cavallodispade

Reaction score
i have a droid x FYI.

if youre not happy with your battery life, try turning off background data. it REALLY helps.

en28so

Reaction score
my batt life sucks, but i guess it has to do with the combination of web surfing,instant messaging, stereo bluetooth(for listening to music), 5 to 10 min calls and the real killer is that i work in an almost dead zone. My signal sucks at work. I get about 3hrs of batt life. And that is with the following things off: gps, auto sinc and wifi. I'm definately a power and heavy user. lol. Well at least i can pop another batt in i guess, or use my trusty charger.

neimand

Reaction score
I use my droid 1 for everything but phone calls and when bedtime rolls around i usually have the red light on with 5% left so if i actually made calls i can only imagine. Guess i'd be a medium to heavy user since I'm usually playing with it. And yes, turning off background data makes a huge difference ever since 2.2 rolled out.

jdmpwr07

Reaction score
Depending on the day I can get upwards of over 20 hours if I don't use it very much. However, if I'm downloading tons of apps and using the screen a lot I can burn it out in much less. - Droid X

Big Fate

Reaction score
I'm also a heavy user, I have to keep a charger at work. But for the most part roughly about 7-9 hours depending on what i'm doing...

I'm thinkin of going extended soon, but no cases as of yet which makes me hold back

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
The extended battery from Verizon is almost the same size as stock. It only added maybe a millimeter. They did include another backing, but it's as slim as it was. I can still use all of my original accessories.

Big Fate

Reaction score
The extended battery from Verizon is almost the same size as stock. It only added maybe a millimeter. They did include another backing, but it's as slim as it was. I can still use all of my original accessories.

This is not true.

The extended battery adds more than just a millimeter, I have a few co-workers who own it and they said they went from 7 hours to 16-18 hours -- thats double.

As for the backing, its NOT as slim as it was. Its just a tad bit bigger which sticks out a lil too much causing most cases not to fit. I could not fit the Titanium case I use now, nor could I use the silicone casing sold in verizons store.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
I stand by what I wrote. It's not that much bigger, not like some I've seen for other phones and every single accessory I have still works. I can probably understand the titanium case not fitting as that's one that's probably custom fit to the original body, but again, I did state that I can use all of my original accessories. I didn't say it would work with everything across the board. The OEM docks for the Droid X do still work (desktop and window mount).