Motorola car finder app

tc1

Reaction score
Anybody else use this?

It is a good idea and concept, but you have to have the navigation dock, you cannot manually use the application. So if you don't have the dock and you are with somebody else you are screwed.

Plus it continues to run in the background even if you exit within the app itself.

It's a nice looking at but they need to let you use it manually

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
And with Motorola's other dock station you can put your own applications on there you weren't stuck with what they put on there

dotcom624

Reaction score
I agree. Good in concept, poor in execution. I have the nav dock (a must for a 4G phone, IMHO) I ran car finder for about a week. The problem I found was that when I parked in a ramp where I couldn't get GPS reception, it wouldn't save my car's location...which was the only time I tried to actually use it. It got annoying that you couldn't manually add a place if it wasn't in the dock. I gave that feedback when I rated it on the market. I didn't notice any significant battery drain from the app, just annoying notifications every time I put it in or took it out of the dock. It's frozen on my phone for now.

As far as the dock app, I know some apps can override the default nav dock app. I had UlysseSpeedometer from the market installed and it every time I would put it in my dock it would ask if I wanted to run that or the nav dock app (and set as default). Maybe there are other car launcher-type apps? Or even if you put the regular car home app on from another rom? I think there were one or two places where you could customize what apps you run in the moto nav dock app, but you have to be docked, and I usually just dock it and turn it off, unless I'm using google maps navigation.

R

RETG

An app to allow people to find their car in a parking lot! Hard to believe people can lose a vehicle in a parking lot. Do the same people lose their vehicles in their driveway or garage?

Hard to type, I'm laughing so damn hard.....:happy3:

dotcom624

Reaction score
Nope, haven't lost my car in the garage or driveway yet, thanks to this app. :p

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
An app to allow people to find their car in a parking lot! Hard to believe people can lose a vehicle in a parking lot. Do the same people lose their vehicles in their driveway or garage?

Hard to type, I'm laughing so damn hard.....:happy3:

Try parking in the Dallas Fort Worth airport, then come back to this thread and laugh.

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
I understand that moto developed the app as an incentive to buy the car dock.

But couldn't they make it to where after the first dock, it unlocks the software so you can use it manually?