Car dock isue with the Maxx

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by davep471, May 24, 2012.

1. davep471

davep471 New Member

Hi. Just got the car dock installed and having an issue. If I am already using navigation and plug it into the dock, the navigation screen turns black and I have to reboot the phone. Also, if I am using navigation while it is plugged into the dock and go and remove it, the same black screen appears. Everything else seems to work except this navigation issue. If I have the phone plugged in and am using navigation I can't remove the phone to answer a call without the navigation locking up and requiring a re-boot. Is anyone else having this issue and/or is there a work around? Basically I have to exit navigation then plug/unplug the phone from the dock and then turn back on navigation and re-enter the address as it does not save. Very cumbersome, please help?
  2. clintro

clintro Member

I noticed this issue as well. I am going to hold out for ICS and see if that fixes it. I really don't have it to much as I have bluetooth in my car so I never really pull the phone while navigating.
  3. Laur3nNewm4n

Laur3nNewm4n New Member

Sometimes this happens on my Nexus too. I set up a universal car dock with an NFC sticker on it set to launch Navigation mode when I put the phone in the dock. If I already have navigation mode, put it in the dock, and then sticker tries to launch navigation mode again, the app turns black. I don't have to reboot the phone, I just back out of the app though.

I'm not sure if this was at all helpful (probably not).. I just wanted to let you know that it happens to me on my ICS phone too.
  4. RicKaysen

RicKaysen New Member

When I first saw this happening, I thought the only way out was a reboot, but I found that going into settings/applications/manage applications and forcing Maps to stop works too. It takes a bit less time, but still annoying.
  5. mgrande

mgrande Member

So is this happening with everyone?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  6. mgrande

mgrande Member

Anyone else got input on this?

7. RicKaysen

RicKaysen New Member

It's really not an issue if you remember to exit navigation before removing the phone from the car dock. Problem is, I often forget and get the black screen. Then, I have to force Maps to stop.
  8. mgrande

mgrande Member

Yeah, seems like something I would have a problem with. Maybe ics will fix it.

9. YellowJacket

YellowJacket Active Member

I'm having the same problem too. I prefer to use copilot live and will exit out of the dock program so I can run it. However, if I undock when copilot is running and then redock and the dock app opens, copilot will freeze. I just open "tasks" and kill it, then close the dock app and relaunch copilot. A bit frustrating.

David
Search tags for this page

droid razr car dock will not stop

droid razr maxx car dock bluetooth ics

exit navigation on droid maxx

razr maxx car dock mode

trouble with razr maxx car mount