Motocast

Beans

Reaction score
so i watched the video of motocast posted on droid life and was impressed, so i set it up. it works pretty good for accessing files, but for streaming music, it does not compare to google music. Has anyone else tried it for streaming music? How does it compare to google music to you? I like it for accessing files but for music, Google has it.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
so i watched the video of motocast posted on droid life and was impressed, so i set it up. it works pretty good for accessing files, but for streaming music, it does not compare to google music. Has anyone else tried it for streaming music? How does it compare to google music to you? I like it for accessing files but for music, Google has it.

Don't know yet, still waiting for my RAZR, but I do know a great program that works incredibly well. Google Jamcast, or go to market and search there. Jamcast can give you access to all your music in any format, and can transcode on the fly.

I stream FLAC to my phone while driving to and from work. I was involved in beta for the program from way back in the beginning. Once you try, you'll likely be hooked.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
B

Beans

Reaction score
Don't know yet, still waiting for my RAZR, but I do know a great program that works incredibly well. Google Jamcast, or go to market and search there. Jamcast can give you access to all your music in any format, and can transcode on the fly.

I stream FLAC to my phone while driving to and from work. I was involved in beta for the program from way back in the beginning. Once you try, you'll likely be hooked.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

kool i will check it out. it sounds like motocast which is a good product. it is just not better that google music for the music feature.

Oaklands

Reaction score
I use subsonic. It is cheaper and will stream movies as well. Also it will let you add users and they can stream or upload or download based on what you allow them to do.

hiimjered

Reaction score
I've used orb for a while, which is free and pretty versatile.

I'm curious about motocast, I might have to try it out.

razrsedge

Reaction score
I never tried google music, but I've been using motocast for a couple of weeks, and it has played music and videos flawlessly. Not one of my reasons for getting the phone, but a great bonus.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

kauhawaii

Reaction score
Motocast for streaming videos works great. It uses 0.150 GB per hour of streaming video from my home computer

cdfjr1975

Reaction score
Out of habit I use Google music but I do movies with Motocast and it works very well

sublimewade

Reaction score
Can I put the videos and pics off my computer for good on my SD card using motocast or only view them?

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Do you mean you want to download stuff from motocast to the sd card on your phone? If so then yes, at least music, never tried video. Long press on the track title and choose Download.

frankieebotz

Reaction score
I set up Motocast today. Really cool feature, however my wife and I both share the same computer so all her songs appear on my phone. Is there a way to sepperate?

Thanks-
Frank

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
You can designate which folders the MotoCast syncs or pulls from - so if your music is in separate files, you could separate them out that way but if you both use the same MotoCast ID as well, I am not sure that you could then.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Yes, you can...find your "motocast" icon in your right toolbar and right mouse click on it, from the popup menu choose motocast wireless settings - you should the the add / remove folders there.