MotoCast Question

Kas84

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm wondering if you can help me with something. Is it possible to access your computer files via MotoCast even if your computer is asleep or shut down? The reason I ask is that whenever I try to access my content when I'm away from my computer, the files show up but they are not accessible. This can't be the case. I refuse to believe that this is how the app works, so I must be doing something wrong or I'm missing something. It doesn't make sense that the only way to access your computer files is if your computer is running constantly. After all, who leaves the house and doesn't put their computer to sleep/shut it down? Can someone please help me with this? It's been driving me crazy. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

techgov8

Reaction score
I never tested it when my computer was asleep but if its shutdown it can't access the files because your computer is offline then. As far as I know you have to have the computer on. I think its cause motocast isn't a cloud its just a stream from your computer

OP
K

Kas84

Reaction score
Ah. Seems a bit ridiculous to me. I mean, it's a great app for sure but it doesn't make sense that the only way to access your information is to leave your computer on. What if you are out of town for a week, on vacation or on business, and needed to access your files somehow? You would have to leave your computer/laptop on for the whole week?

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

zirkdog

Reaction score
Motocast only facilitates the link between your phone and PC. As was said earlier, if your pc is off then your phone has no one to talk to.
If you want constant availability or the ability to leave your house for long periods of time and turn the pc off, then maybe a cloud based storage system would better suit your needs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Yeah, you have to change zumo/motocast settings to keep pc awake. My pc is always on anyway except for a regular reboot. I just turn on zumocast if im going to be leaving home for extended period then i have access at all times. So its not practical for those that are avid shut'er downers.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums