moto logo boot only...

pedro

Reaction score
after overnight charge - my rooted droid x was extremely WARM (HOT dare I say?) - and has not booted since - it has been STUCK on the MOTO LOGO only since...

please advise...

thanks!

OP
P

pedro

Reaction score
OK - I think I've found the links for the factory reset/boot in recovery mode - however the the LED indicator is solid GREEN - which means dead Battery(?) - throwing on a charger for a while - looking for some luck!!!

BTW - in step 3 of the page How to Boot into Recovery Mode on Droid X - where it says 'Release the Home button but continue to hold the Home button until an exclamation mark is displayed on the screen' which 'home key' do I hold and which do I release? I'm thinking I should continue to hold the POWER button instead of the HOME button...

OP
P

pedro

Reaction score
H e l p ! ! !

my DROID X won't charge - I can not reflash - not enough power - it won't boot... even plugged in... does not charge at all ...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
were you rooted

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nvrmind even if you was rooted you should be able to charge. If you can get a battery either at vzw or a buddy, you may be able to boot it up and see wht the issue is.

OP
P

pedro

Reaction score
yes - i am rooted.

it seems that the tethering program i was using left something running - even though the phone was plugged in over night - it was dead in the morning...

I just ordered a second battery (for backup if nothing else)...

I'll see if I can't hit up the verizon store for a 'spare' battery for investigative purposes...

OP
P

pedro

Reaction score
what I've done...

I notice that the battery in my droid x was 'similar' to my my previous Moto W755 - just a slightly different shape - tho old phone was only 940 mah - but enough to register over 50%... most importantly - the contacts were the same... was able to download several pieces of software to FLASH the phone - however the flash attempts failed...

flash file - VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01.sbf

I'm ready to return this thing...just don't want verizon to say it's been rooted -it sux to be you...

plus - i'd like to conquer this issue....

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Leave it plugged into the wall, not usb for a few hours. Sounds like the battery is just dead and needs to be charged.

OP
P

pedro

Reaction score
it's been plugged in for days...

OP
P

pedro

Reaction score
ok... i'm in my '90 days' so... verizon is sending me a replacement phone in 2 days... i just hope it ends here...:)