Moto Droid and Droid Incredible: Side by Side

OP
HolyGrail

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
never been a fan of physical keyboards so im happy with my incredible

Well people keep measuring processors by their mhz, which isn't accurate. You have to measure processors by their clock cycles. The Snapdragon has a higher clock cycle.

Clock cycle = Instructions per cycle. Clock speed = Cycles per second (hz). Its both of them being multiplied. A core 2 duo at 3gz is going to be slower then a I7 at the same speed. The number of instructions per second for a processor can be derived by multiplying the instructions per cycle and the clock speed (measured in cycles per second or Hertz [Hz]) of the processor in question. The number of instructions per second (Clock Cycles) is an approximate indicator of the likely performance of the processor.

Last edited:

Darkseider

Reaction score
I don't see any lag at 1ghz

But yes, the Incredible is faster, I won't argue that. I'm just saying once you get the Droid overclocked there isn't MUCH difference speed wise.

So is it far to say the speeds are equal once you overclock the droid, and do not overclock the Incredible? Wouldn't it be likely the Incredible will be overclocked at some point? My phone has been running at 1.1gz nicely. That is almost double what the chip is rated for and exactly double what the stock chip ran at. Does is stand to reason the Incredible will be running at 2gz shortly after it is rooted?

Or...did we really luck out and get a great phone here?:)

Unfortunately the best you will probably see is 1.2 Ghz and even that may be pushing it. The Nexus One which also sports a 1 Ghz Snapdragon has only been successfully OC'd to 1186 Mhz before it craps out. Now granted this is a different model Snapdragon but speaking from previous OC attempts with the Snapdragon I wouldn't expect the results that folks got with the Moto Droid.

mejdam

Reaction score
I don't see any lag at 1ghz

But yes, the Incredible is faster, I won't argue that. I'm just saying once you get the Droid overclocked there isn't MUCH difference speed wise.

you cant compare the droid OC at 1ghz to incredibles snapdragon. even if they are "equal" that will quickly not be the case if the incredible gets OC. Im running BB ESE81 v1 which is overclocked to 1ghz and i must say its extremely stable but i not going to fool myself into think its the same as a native 1ghz processor

Last edited:

QuePaso

Reaction score
I had a oc'd droid to 1ghz and i just got my Droid Incredible in, and even with 10 apps open in the Incredible, its snappier and quicker then the moto droid was. Incredible phone (lol).

mejdam

Reaction score
I had a oc'd droid to 1ghz and i just got my Droid Incredible in, and even with 10 apps open in the Incredible, its snappier and quicker then the moto droid was. Incredible phone (lol).

you got your phone already? i envy you :/

NeutronBomb

Reaction score
I had my Droid oc'd to 1ghz and I can say with certainty that my incredible is just plain smoother. I'm even running gde as my launcher and have all my normal.widgets I used on the Droid. Exact same setup as I don't like sense. Love the HTC keyboard on this thing though. I can type fast as ****.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had my Droid oc'd to 1ghz and I can say with certainty that my incredible is just plain smoother. I'm even running gde as my launcher and have all my normal.widgets I used on the Droid. Exact same setup as I don't like sense. Love the HTC keyboard on this thing though. I can type fast as ****.
I'm using the same keyboard :)

jamjr74

Reaction score
How is the battery life on the HTC compared to the Droid?

Maverick0984

Reaction score
It is important to note, which a few people I don't think understand, is that the chips in the Droid and Incredible are completely different. Comparing an OC'd 1Ghz Droid to a stock 1Ghz Incredible is NOT apples to apples.

They are completely different architectures and raw speed is pretty useless in comparison. For those even remotely educated in PCs, a good analogy can be made with your normal everyday desktop CPUs.

What seems like a lifetime ago, you could get Pentium 4 CPU's clocked as high as 3.8Ghz. Right now, I would take ANY Core2Duo, i5, or anything clocked > 1.0Ghz before I'd take that old P4. The reason for this is architecture.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Wow this review was the most boring i have seen yet. He talks like he is reading off a script.

Tominator

Reaction score
nowhere did they mention the moto droids GPU spanks the crap out of the incredible's....i have the incredible and asphalt 5 is unplayable. Powervr sgx530 in the moto kills the adreno 200 gpu in the snapdragon :( sad

Darkseider

Reaction score
nowhere did they mention the moto droids GPU spanks the crap out of the incredible's....i have the incredible and asphalt 5 is unplayable. Powervr sgx530 in the moto kills the adreno 200 gpu in the snapdragon :( sad

The GPU in the Snapdragon is NOT a discrete GPU like the Moto Droid's PowerVR SGX530. The Snapdragon's GPU is integrated with the actual CPU and it only handles basic functions and the Snapdragon CPU handles the rest. Whereas the GPU in the Droid does everything and the CPU is left, for arguments sake, untouched as compared to the Snapdragon.