Moto Defy Stucked in Boot loop, please help!

CJ1983

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I removed my microSD card out of my Moto Defy (with no modification done to it what so ever) earlier today after my phone has completely powered off.
When I turn the phone back on, it only goes into a black screen with following text showing,

Bootloader

Code Corrupt

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

I cannot power off (even when I pull off the battery and put it back in; it just goes back to the same screen with the same text) and have tried to master reset the phone (volume down + Power) as well as trying reset it using Motorola Software Update and RSD Lite (the programs can't seemed to recognize my phone at all!).

Did this happen to anyone else? If so, what caused it? and most importantly, what can be done to it so that I can have my phone up and running again?

Thanks in advance for any assistances you may offer on this issue.

zachdroid

Reaction score
Can't truly tell what caused it. Could be fatal failure in programming. What version rsd are you using? Do you have a good sbf download? Though I can only offer general advice as I'm not too familiar with the, it is a tmo device correct?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
C

CJ1983

Reaction score
Hi Zachdroid,

Thank you for your assistance. It is a stock phone, so I am assuming it is running on 2.1 Eclaire. I have found and download factory SBF. However, I can't seem to get RSD Lite to read my phone. I honestly couldn't tell if it is a tmo device or not as I am as green as it comes in the world of smart phones.

comk4ver

Reaction score
You better start saving that battery and I hope you have a separate battery charger because you can't charge your battery in boot loader mode... Try charging your battery first. Then use rsd lite after a complete charge. Also, make sure you have the latest rsd lite otherwise you'll run into issues.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Follow the advice offered thus far. Just wondering, did you unmount the card before you took it out?