1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Modem dies after 890 update

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by mdleal, Oct 11, 2011.

1. mdleal

mdleal New Member

So I am on my 2nd replacement phone, same issue as the first one. Received it yesterday and everything was working fine until this morning when I got the .890 update. After the phone restarted after the update the modem is died. There is a red circle with a line through were the signal bar is suppose to be. When I go to about phone and status all the fields are blank or unknown(Phone number, MIN, MEID....). I tried using RSD and flashing 890 again but same out come afterwards.

Also if I go to ##7764726 and then type in the SPC code it says invalid. Something on the 1st phone.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  2. km75

km75 New Member

Did you try activating the phone after the update?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  3. mdleal

mdleal New Member

*228 is a no go. No modem to call over.
  4. Uncle700

Uncle700 New Member

Had the same problem and Verizon sent me a replacement phone that already had the update installed. Replacement phone is working great.
Search tags for this page

droid x2 with red circle and line over signal bar