Not registered on network error

Rondo

Reaction score
I have a problem with a DROID. It can't get registered and I can't seem to fix it. This DROID does have a blown water damage indicator, so it's likely that it's been wet.

First, the symptoms:
a) No service
b) *228 results in error message "Not registered on network"
c) Settings>Phone info>Status shows all interesting values (e.g., Phone number, MIN, MEID) set to "Unknown"
d) Trying ##PROGRAM and using SPC 000000 results in "INVALID PASSCODE PLEASE TRY AGAIN"

I believe I've tried everything I can find - this included a hard factory reset (power on holding X and wipe data/reset).

Any thoughts? I could reprogram the MIN and SID, and I don't know about that MEID, but I can't do any of these if I can't get past the SPC issue...

Do I just have a brick?

Rondo

skatedust37

Reaction score
I have the same problem, did you find a fix yet, my DROID has water damage as well.

diane7531

Reaction score
droid not registered on network

I have the same problem. Also caused by water damage. Have you found a solution?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the culprit is water damage.... Sounds like you shorted out some hardware.

mr.motoman

Reaction score
i think it is a softwars issue yes the water cause it but if it was harware the phone would be very unstable. everything works fine except the software versions are unknow i have the same problem also caused by water damage and am dying for a fix i cannot update my baseband i get a error 7 shole.cdma tdlr something like that