Modding Seidio Case to keep OC 1GHZ running cool

cb3FSU

Reaction score
Im thinking of drilling out some holes in my Seidio case and removing the battery cover to let it breathe a little bit.

I have it OC'd to 1GHZ and profiled to drop down to 250 MHZ when sleeping so I havent really encountered extreme heat as of yet, but Im thinking of doing this just to be on the safe side.

Do you think this will help at all or am I just being a noob?

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Im thinking of drilling out some holes in my Seidio case and removing the battery cover to let it breathe a little bit.

I have it OC'd to 1GHZ and profiled to drop down to 250 MHZ when sleeping so I havent really encountered extreme heat as of yet, but Im thinking of doing this just to be on the safe side.

Just being a noob

If you need to remove your battery cover and drill holes in your case just to run at 1GHZ, first ask yourself is it worth it? Venting heat is always good but the bottom line is you will only cool a processor down by drawing heat off and away from it. There are no fans in there to do this.

But to answer your question, removing the cover and holes in your case will make little or no difference.:)

OP
C

cb3FSU

Reaction score

Just being a noob

If you need to remove your battery cover and drill holes in your case just to run at 1GHZ, first ask yourself is it worth it? Venting heat is always good but the bottom line is you will only cool a processor down by drawing heat off and away from it. There are no fans in there to do this.

But to answer your question, removing the cover and holes in your case will make little or no difference.:)

It has also been pointed out to me that removing the battery cover would risk getting underiable things like liquid and dust and stuff into the battery compartment.

I dont think its necessary, I just like to tinker with stuff :)

Nedaroth

Reaction score

I think that is the spirit of Android is right there! Some have even speculated about adding thermal paste to the droid!
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ip-baseband-chip-inside-possibility-root.html

Good discussion is what forums are all about! That's why I like this one so much.

Just being a noob

It has also been pointed out to me that removing the battery cover would risk getting underiable things like liquid and dust and stuff into the battery compartment.

It's all good, i run smoked glass @ 800mhz and love it but i also understand it could bite the big one anyday. I use the cpu slider alot so its not a constent 800mhz as i do not trust the temp app:)