[MOD] - AOSP Battey with %

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: After coming to grips with the fact that my previous instruction looked incredibly daunting, I figured out how (big thanks to CJM for helping me on this) to bundle my battery mod into a flashable zip.

Since none of the current battery types for Gummy are quite what I wanted, I decided to create my own. Basically, I wanted an AOSP look with %'s inside the battery. This will give you the AOSP battery with full 1% to 99% increments. Zero is the red ! and 100% is the full battery. I created this using the AOSP battery images combined with the new Roboto font.

I was unhappy with the original look so I revamped everything for this update.

Disclaimer: As always, I'm not responsible if this screws something up. MAKE A BACKUP!
Also, it's important to note that this will overwrite the SystemUI.apk. If you have any other mods (softkeys, etc.) to this apk, they will be overwritten.

Instructions:

1) Download this: battery mod
2) Flash into clockwork and make a backup
3) Install zip within clockwork
4) Reboot and be sure to select Fat Gummy within Gummy battery settings

View attachment 46125

View attachment 46126

Old Instructions - Ignore the following unless you intend to do this the hard way.

I'll leave these up for now - for those do-it-yourself modders out there :)

What you need: battery_mod
Root explorer is also required.

1. Download the battery mod file above
2. Boot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup in case something goes wrong
3. Open Root Explorer
4. Navigate to: system/app/
5. Tap "Mount R/W" near the top-right
6. Scroll down and look for: "SystemUI.apk"
7. Long press on SystemUI.apk; select copy
8. Paste this file onto your "sd" card
9. Long press on the newly pasted file and select rename; rename this file SystemUI.zip
10. Long press on SystemUI.zip; select "Extract all"
11. Navigate to where you saved the battery_mod file; long press and select "Extract all"
12. Navigate to /sdcard/SpeedSoftware/Extracted (this is where Root Explorer extracts all files)
13. Select Battery_Mod/New folder(2)
14. Now, tap the menu button > multi select > then select all at the bottom; select copy
15. Back out to /sdcard/SpeedSoftware/Extracted and select SystemUI
16. Within this, navigate to res/drawable-xhdpi; select paste
17. When the prompt appears, check the checkbox for all existing items and then select replace
18. Back out to /sdcard/SpeedSoftware/Extracted and then long press SystemUI; select "Zip this folder"
19. Navigate to /sdcard/SpeedSoftware/Zip where your newly created zip file is located
20. Long press on the file and rename to SystemUI.apk
21. Copy SystemUI.apk
22. Navigate back to system/app and select paste
23. Select yes to replace.
24. Permissions will need to be rw-r--r--; if they're not, long press and select permissions; uncheck "write" located under "group"; select ok
25. Tap "Mount R/O"
26. Reboot (if you get FC's, do a battery pull; if the mod doesn't take, also do a battery pull)
27. After boot, go to: settings > Gummy Settings > SystemUI Tweaks > Battery Types > select Gummy Fat Battery (this mod replaces the Gummy Fat Battery); you may have to toggle back and forth between the different battery types to get it to change.
28. If you run into any serious issues, restore your backup

ENJOY!

Last edited:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice work man!!! I must say, though... that has got to be the most steps I have ever seen to implement a single mod. Maybe (hopefully) we will see this included in the next rev of Gummy!!

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice work man!!! I must say, though... that has got to be the most steps I have ever seen to implement a single mod. Maybe (hopefully) we will see this included in the next rev of Gummy!!

Yeah, it's not nearly as bad as it looks. I dumbed it down quite a bit to be very clear. If you know how to use Root Explorer, this mod can be applied in less than 3 minutes.