Mobile Hotspot

Redadz

Reaction score
App included from Verizon

My stock DNA came with an app called Mobile Hotspot from Verizon, and a matching home screen widget. It looks like it should be a supported feature out of the box.

I had a little trouble with it on my first try though, not sure why. Will try again later.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Redadz said:
My stock DNA came with an app called Mobile Hotspot from Verizon, and a matching home screen widget. It looks like it should be a supported feature out of the box.

I had a little trouble with it on my first try though, not sure why. Will try again later.

The hotspot is an additional monthly charge.

Faithfill

Reaction score
Yeah I get it at a discounted rate with my job and its unlimited.I currently own the rezound and it finally works on here since the ics update. I just wanted to make sure it was working on this device before I got it

Faithfill

Reaction score
I would like to know if it's working. Can the phone hold a steady signal and how does the battery perform while it's on

Faithfill

Reaction score
Mobile hotspot is shaky on the device. When I turn it on it causes my data to drop and go in and out. Coming from a Rezound that had similar issues until the ics update I don't want to go through this again

Redadz

Reaction score
Yep, I was never able to get wifi tethering to work. The wifi connection between my laptop and the DNA seems to be fine. But I still can't access the internet from my computer when using wifi tethering.

However, Bluetooth tethering works just fine, also through the built-in settings. I get a reliable connection that works just fine, and it's pretty fast. So I just skip the wifi tethering and use bluetooth instead. Another advantage with the bluetooth option is I don't have to explicitly turn on the mobile hotspot first, and I don't have to disable wifi on the phone.

TheRockSays

Reaction score
Mobile hotspot is shaky on the device. When I turn it on it causes my data to drop and go in and out. Coming from a Rezound that had similar issues until the ics update I don't want to go through this again

Very shaky still! Data goes in and out whenever hotspot is turned on...