Mobile Hotspot

torch327

Reaction score
I am thinking about rooting.if I do is it possible to configure the hotspot the way you can a regular router?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about rooting.if I do is it possible to configure the hotspot the way you can a regular router?

You can't use the MHS application without paying for it, but you can use wifi tether and that allows for a single device to tether to the phone. So what did you want to make like a "regular router"?

torch327

Reaction score
I would like to be able toaccess router settings on the mhs as you would a real router.I use my hotspot for my Xbox I need to beable to access router settings

Graymayre

Reaction score
Wifi tether allows multiple devices, as well both allow for setting modifications in the app as well as Mac address filtering. I wouldn't know about port settings tho, as I haven't tinkered that much to find out.

From my BIONIC running Eclipse 2.2 Red Carbon

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wifi tether allows multiple devices, as well both allow for setting modifications in the app as well as Mac address filtering. I wouldn't know about port settings tho, as I haven't tinkered that much to find out.

You're right, I was thinking of the old ad-hoc limitation on GB.

Graymayre

Reaction score
Actually, it was in the app. I noticed it wasn't adhoc anymore back when I was using froyo on my OG Droid and then my GB D2G.

Edit: I tether my PS3 directly using MHS for free using the sqlite editor hack, and I used internet sharing thru my PC to my router and wired directly to my XBOX because I still have the legacy version with no wifi.

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually, it was in the app. I noticed it wasn't adhoc anymore back when I was using froyo on my OG Droid and then my GB D2G.

Edit: I tether my PS3 directly using MHS for free using the sqlite editor hack, and I used internet sharing thru my PC to my router and wired directly to my XBOX because I still have the legacy version with no wifi.

The MHS hack doesn't work on the Rezound. They threw an extra layer of protection on the Rezound. An app who's only job is to make sure that you have a subscription through Verizon

Graymayre

Reaction score
The MHS hack doesn't work on the Rezound. They threw an extra layer of protection on the Rezound. An app who's only job is to make sure that you have a subscription through Verizon

Lol, thanks Verizon. Well you know it is only a matter of time before that hurdle is cleared by our wonderfully ingenious devs. The Bionic was programmed with the free wifi roadblock as well, but that was cleared practically as it hit the shelves. And now we even have safestrap and stable roms now when it seemed like it was going to be impossible with the new restrictions. Just wait, it will come.

bulrok420

Reaction score
I use Foxfi also and one of my buddies got on the web while I was on it also.

Faithfill

Reaction score
Can someone let me know how mobile hotspot is working on this device. I finally got it going steady on my Rezound and would hate to upgraded only to have a setback on another device.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Geoff5093 just posted on another thread that foxfi did not work with the DNA. If that was the app you were wondering about.

Faithfill

Reaction score
No I was inquiring about the regular hotspot that comes on the device if it was working

Faithfill

Reaction score
I had the thunderbolt and it didn't work on it and got the rezound and it wasn't working on it until we got the ics update.