Mobile Hotspot - Open NAT Type?

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Does anyone know if it is possible to access more advanced settings with Mobile Hotspot (or Wireless Tether) so that I can change my NAT type to "Open" when using Xbox Live? Currently it is set to "Moderate," and while this still allows me to play, there is more likely to be lag and it takes longer to find games. I've searched the forums and the web without much luck, so I am not expecting to find a solution, but maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks!

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
I'd like to know also

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
Lars

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Bueller....Bueller...

Does anyone have any suggestion or potential work around to overcome this issue (USB Tether?)? Like I mentioned, it still works as-is so it's not a huge issue, but it's a fairly simple fix when setting up a router, so why is there no advanced settings (beyond security) with Mobile Hotspot and Wireless Tether? Perhaps it is related to the Verizon network?

Ginfro

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to access more advanced settings with Mobile Hotspot (or Wireless Tether) so that I can change my NAT type to "Open" when using Xbox Live? Currently it is set to "Moderate," and while this still allows me to play, there is more likely to be lag and it takes longer to find games. I've searched the forums and the web without much luck, so I am not expecting to find a solution, but maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks!

The problem is that smartphones do not have a UPnP routing option. The NAT (as far as I know currently) will not be open due to this. I was able (however poorly) to share my connection from my phone to a PC win 7 to a wireless router, and THEN the xbox had an open nat but my connection was so poor it wasn't worth it.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a moderate NAT as well. Only thing you can do is tether to a computer, then use internet sharing. Open up the required ports using the computer.

I used to use that method until my laptop broke, but other than the NAT type being open, I didn't notice a difference with lag or speed

magician

Reaction score
Look up the PepWave Surf or Cradlepoint routers. I know the Cradlepoints can use wi-fi as WAN, so that may work.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I upgraded to the .215 leak and using Foxfi, I now have an open NAT. It also works on Black Widow installed over .215

Sent from my DROID SPYDER

droid_user8

Reaction score
I got an open NAT when i tether to my laptop and use an Ethernet cable from the laptop to the Xbox.