MIUI questions

Darksthour

Reaction score
Now i just recently flashed MIUI to my droid because of all the great things I have heard. Now after an hour or so playing around with it I really am confused on a lot of things. First off I can go on for hours and hours about how it looks exactly like someone just decided "hey i bought an Android but it's just not iPhone enough for me" so I won't. However I will say though that I didn't like that part at all. What I did notice first though is when I got all my apps put back on there and ADW ex so I did actually get my app drawer back to hide some less used apps. My notification bar showed a notification saying my internal memory was full. Is there a way to get rid of that? I know it's full. I put all those apps on there myself and I use all of them. Hopefully I just looked through the settings too hard and just missed it because for my OCD mind it was too annoying to have that constantly there.

Secondly is there a way to drop the background on the icons? Now yes there are two reasons why I don't like it. One is because it looks like I really wanted an iPhone but didn't want to carry around the phone itself. Secondly I use ADW ex custom icons for some apps for the looks and they don't have a background. I know its not necessary to use them but I do really like the aesthetics and would like to keep them. Also some of the apps I use don't have the background. NFL mobile and The Hockey News for example don't have a background. Like I said I really do like the rom. It's really really fast, responsive and... don't have the actual proof for this but I'm gonna say it anyways... has great battery life. I love the look of the lockscreen and the notification bar is simple and looks incredible as well. Now as a last note I hope someone actually reads the whole thing and finds some humor in my questions and actually answers.

Last edited:

bustadroid

Reaction score
I have my large apps stored on my sd card so I can't help you with the little icon there but try applying a theme to change the whole UI experience including the icons. Check out miui-dev.com for themes and mods.

OP
Darksthour

Darksthour

Reaction score
Well I do have apps saved to my SD card. however when I went to look and use them using the settings none of my apps showed up. I just thought it was because I had just flashed the rom and didn't even think of it.