miui backup

driodman

Reaction score
if i do a miui back up will it backup all my stuff on miui so once i go to 12.10 all i will have to do is go to the miui back and have it redownload everthing

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Yes it works just like titanium backup or mybackup pro. I don't remember if it saves app data as well though.

Sent from somewhere...

billjohnson

Reaction score
I can confirm that it does. I implemented it last month when I was running MIUI exclusively and trying each released MIUI build. dancedroid

LennyQ

Reaction score
does it save screen settings? like folders and app positions?

My experience has been that it does not save those, but I really wish it did. I am really particular about the organization of the homescreens and it's a pain to redo it after every release.

Does anyone have any advice?

billjohnson

Reaction score
Well to be honest I wipe before I do everything....other than with MIUI....although I do believe I wiped once and did a MIUI restore and all my settings were how I had them...but that was a couple months back and I'm not sure now.....

fox_dye

Reaction score
I use MIUI backup now instead of titanium because its all hands free. "Set it and forget it" no having to install every app individually. Just one push of the button. I don't restore anything that google does like contacts, wifi settings or anything like that.

Quote by the late great Ron Popeil. I would bet you got something in your home that he invented.

LennyQ

Reaction score
I use MIUI backup now instead of titanium because its all hands free. "Set it and forget it" no having to install every app individually. Just one push of the button. I don't restore anything that google does like contacts, wifi settings or anything like that.

Quote by the late great Ron Popeil. I would bet you got something in your home that he invented.

Thanks. The question that remains is if there is any way to restore homescreen settings after a ROM update. I think in Titanium Backup there is an "app" called launcher. I wonder if that is backed up and restored if the homescreen icon placements will reappear?

publicanimal

Reaction score
does it save screen settings? like folders and app positions?

My experience has been that it does not save those, but I really wish it did. I am really particular about the organization of the homescreens and it's a pain to redo it after every release.

Does anyone have any advice?

Two easy solutions to save Homescreen Layouts:

1. Backup data for Launcher2 in Titanium Backup.

2. Use MyBackup Pro to backup "Android Home".

Either accomplish the same goal and back it easy to backup/restore Miui home screen layouts.

gujupmp88

Reaction score
I use the payed version of titanium backup to back everything up. Works pretty much the same as miui backup, but with more options. If you filter by system apps in titanium, you can backup launcher 2.2.1 and it will bring everything but widgets back I believe

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App