Minuum Keyboard Makes Its Way To The Play Store!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;dZh8r-xErGE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZh8r-xErGE[/video]

One great part of Android is the ability to modify key components of the User Interface like the Keyboard. For years keyboards like Swype and Swiftkey have been a few of the go to keyboard replacement apps on Android. A new custom Keyboard has arrived on the scene. Minuum Keyboard the brainchild of "Whirlscape" takes the age old Qwerty keyboard and smashes it into a single strip freeing up space and minimizing the whole keyboard experience on your device. Normally when you open up the stock keyboard on your device half of your screen real estate is gone. This is not the case with Minuum. Check out the video above to see exactly how Minuum works and head to the source link for the download.

Play Store

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
$4.00 and no Trial Version? FAIL... You should always mention pricing in the main post, DroidFuroms. ;)

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
That to me is far more usable than swipe, but I have a hard time learning new interface like that.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
That to me is far more usable than swipe, but I have a hard time learning new interface like that.

I was just thinking the exact opposite. I've tried so many keyboards but Swype is the one I always go back to. Its the most accurate keyboard I've used and for people with fat fingers, that precision helps a ton.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
$4.00 and no Trial Version? FAIL... You should always mention pricing in the main post, DroidFuroms. ;)

Totally agree. Ive tried umpteen keyboards and generally dont like any of them. Only one I ended up buying full version was swiftkey, and I use that as my daily keyboard. No way Im dropping $4 to try this out, and find that I probably dont like it.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I was just thinking the exact opposite. I've tried so many keyboards but Swype is the one I always go back to. Its the most accurate keyboard I've used and for people with fat fingers, that precision helps a ton.

I use SwiftKey, does good for me. Personally as a mental thing the memorization of the keys is dependent on what finger I use, as though the keyboard is two halves that left side and right side should be independent so when I'm drawing words I literally have to stop and think about it unlike pecking because one hand is doing both sides of the keyboard. Not sure why but it would probably take me forever to get as good at swype as I am pecking.

Briankbl

Reaction score

Same here. Swype is always the keyboard that I go back to. I've probably tried every keyboard on the Play Store at least once. Seriously, it's scary how many keyboards I've purchased lol. The closest competitor Swype has is Swiftkey, and it's almost embarrassing how far Swiftkey has fallen.

As for Minuum keyboard, I was pretty unimpressed. The engine guessing what words I was trying to type was very lackluster. Refunded before my 15 minutes was up. I don't normally do that because I like to hold onto keyboards and test against other keyboards, but I am so strapped for cash right now. Thanks to the development team for not offering a free trial or demo. You have to dish out the full five bucks to try it.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA!

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I just got the Motorola Ultra, and tried to use the stock SWYPE-like keyboard, but I go back to SWYPE! I use the slide from letter to just above the keyboard to get a capital letter alot, as well as the slide from the X or M to get the exclamation or question mark. The accuracy of SWYPE is awesome! However, SWYPE does some odd word choices during SWYPE'ing, such as the word 'for' should be the go-to choice when SWYPE'ing, but 'fur' keeps coming up (maybe it's just me? But the keyboard does not learn I mean to use 'for' instead of 'fur'). There are others as well. I also did not like that SWYPE changed the extended keyboard keys (SWYPE from the hand squibble key to the spacebar) and removed the 'home' & 'end' keys, as I used those a lot. Oops, just SWYPE'd the word 'and' and it gives me 'abd'! ! That's another weird one. 'Abd' is a word, but really.....'and' is the more used word and should be the word choice when SWYPE'ing by those letters on the keyboard. Again, maybe it's just me!