Swiftkey Gets Updated and Goes Free

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;u5Jy8OtaSKw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Jy8OtaSKw[/video]​

The folks at Swiftkey have just updated the popular keyboard app and included a number of new enhancements and features. The most enticing new detail included in this update is the fact that the app is now FREE. Yep... you read that right. You can pick it up for zero dollars. You just need to head to the Google Play Store link below to grab it and try it out. Here's a full list of its most current features:

SwiftKey Keyboard is an intelligent app for Android that upgrades your device's on-screen keyboard, making it faster and easier for you to type. This free, award-winning app delivers smarter autocorrect and next-word prediction in over 60 languages. It’s packed full of customization features, including over 30 colorful themes, layouts for all screen sizes and devices, support for over 800 emoji, emoji prediction and much more!
TRUSTED BY MILLIONS
The top-rated, most-loved keyboard on Android, now available for free. As CNET wrote, “we can’t recommend SwiftKey highly enough.”
PERSONALIZED PREDICTIONS
Mind-reading word suggestions that learn from you as you type, and get smarter over time.
SMARTER AUTOCORRECT
Intelligent corrections for even the sloppiest typing.
BEAUTIFUL THEMES
Customize the look of your keyboard with free and premium themes from the SwiftKey Store.
YOUR KEYBOARD, YOUR WAY
Split. Resize. Undock. Tweak your keyboard with a variety of powerful tools to fit your needs.
Multilingual typing. Choose from over 60 languages and type in up to three at once.
CLOUD-CONNECTED
Sync your writing style securely to the cloud and across devices.
Personalize word predictions from your Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Evernote and more.
Type with ease about daily news, sports and entertainment topics with Trending Phrases.
Gain access to the SwiftKey Store to browse new themes.
EFFORTLESS TYPING
Slide your finger to write with SwiftKey Flow or tap predictions for easy, fast typing.

Source: Google Play Store - Swiftkey

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Long press the 123 button on the lower left side of the keyboard..

Gremlin

Reaction score
I see Themes and I see only these options: 1) Landscape Keyboard 2) Keyboard height and 3) Word Choice list font size.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
You should see small pop up menu once you long press 123

jujynugy.jpg
qabyry5e.jpg
5ebaqu8a.jpg

M8 tap'd

Gremlin

Reaction score
Thank you for your help.. Stupid installer could not enable swiftkey.. So I forced it.. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it is working now.. sorry..

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why make an app, charge 3.99 for it, then make it free? Hmmm. Maybe since it's free they upload your key presses to the cloud for future "study" ?

I wonder if they will make ALL the themes free for those who paid for the app? So many questions, so little time.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why make an app, charge 3.99 for it, then make it free? Hmmm. Maybe since it's free they upload your key presses to the cloud for future "study" ?

I wonder if they will make ALL the themes free for those who paid for the app? So many questions, so little time.

Paid users get free access to a 10 pack of themes. You've got to be signed into its cloud for it to see you've paid. Once logging in go to Themes, Packs, the $4.99 should be crossed through, tap it, enjoy.
What about those who bought both the phone and tablet versions before they merged into 1 thus they got gipped back then as well. Since I got my tablet version on Google, phone version on Amazon when they merged them they said I had to pay for new all in 1 version again to use it on my phone. Shortly after I got the Note2 and the tablet version (legacy) worked fine.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I like the forrest theme