Minutes problem with droid2

gmdoggies

Reaction score
Me and my wife both have droid2 phones with the recent update. My wife's phone seems to be racking up extreme minutes. 800 in the last few days! We share a 700 minute plan and never come close to going over. We are new to the smart phones so I'm wondering if she could have downloaded some program that could be responsible for this? My minutes have been fine. We have a verizon plan and both have the android market and amazon app market installed. Any help ould be appreciated as verizon couldn't seem to help me other than to offer to upgrade my plan...

Don
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As someone else mentioned, setup and access your account online. Fishy.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

chrstdvd

Reaction score
U can also go into the phone dial-er screen and hit Recent at the top. Touch each call listed and you will be told how many minuets were used for that call. My first impression is biased, but wives do spend a lot of time talking to their mothers. If this is not the case, look for a number that is called or received over and over and check the minuets.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Since I'm on the 1400 minute plan with Friends & Family, we rarely burn more than 500 prime minutes, and I don't bother to look anymore. But after this thread, I decided to take a look, and I see chunks of 15 or so minutes charged to a 9999999999 number which is some sort of backup. Those could be free minutes, but if it's happening to the OP, it could account for some of the time.
BTW, with the plan I'm on, I have to stay on the 1400 minutes level in order to keep the discounts on my data plans. But if i dropped to the 700 minutes, I'd lose F&F, and would certainly exceed 700 every month. It's worth the $20 differential to me to have enough minutes not to worry about going over. Saving money anyway since I no longer have a landline.

louy99

Reaction score
I have that verizon app. I monitor my minutes and text. I'm also 700 min plan and wife talks to too many nonverizon people.

OP
G

gmdoggies

Reaction score
Haven't gotten the current bill yet, but most of the people my wife talks to are on verizon. I was more curious if there might be an app that got downloaded that uses minutes. I have small children at home 2 & 5 that know how to unlock the phone. They may have inadvertently called someone too.