Milestone Strange Touch Screen Problem- Please help

bhushi1

Reaction score

hi People,

I have unlocked motorola milestone with android 2.1 factory installed.
i have strange touch screen keyboard/keypad problem from past 2 days.

my touchscreen key pad does not respond to the numbers 2.5,8,0 when i try to dial. instead it presses the lefthand side or righthand side number.
also when i use touch screen keyboard when i press character 'b or v or c' it presses character 'n or x '.pretty strange

as you see only the characters which appear on the centre of screen when phone is held in vertical position are not responding.

I have done factory reset of my phone twice but did solve the problem. i also tried few different keyboard apps from Android market but didn't work.
I have always used the default keyboard app which comes with milestone.
Also on default home theme when you Menu touch button. we get notifications tab in center, settings tab to right and search tab on left. But when try to press Notifications settings tab gets opened.

BTW I am quite an expert touchscreen user and not broken warranty by rooting it or physical damage.
Also scrolling and Pinch zoom are working fine on touch screen. The problem is when i try to type or dial the center portion doesnt work as desired. :O

I am not touching anywhere else on screen as i know Milestone is multitouch.

I this an software or an hardware issue. What should i do?
Will the MOTOROLA service center people be of some help or replace it? I have a bad experience earlier with HTC phone.
Milestone is pretty expensive in India.
sad.gif

DuclosBrosRacing

Reaction score
I am a small business owner with a part time job at another company. For my racing team, we elected to use iphones. The manufacturing company has been loyal to Verizon. About one month ago, June 8, I ordered an Incredible. As of July 4th, I do not have it and have been told by Verizon, it could ship on the 14th of July. Man I am bummed out. I really love the Google features of this phone, especially the Nav. Any ideas for ways to pressure V to ship sooner!!

dineshbhootra

Reaction score
Same problem

Hi

I have same problem....Did anyone resolve it ??

Dinesh

hi People,

I have unlocked motorola milestone with android 2.1 factory installed.
i have strange touch screen keyboard/keypad problem from past 2 days.

my touchscreen key pad does not respond to the numbers 2.5,8,0 when i try to dial. instead it presses the lefthand side or righthand side number.
also when i use touch screen keyboard when i press character 'b or v or c' it presses character 'n or x '.pretty strange

as you see only the characters which appear on the centre of screen when phone is held in vertical position are not responding.

I have done factory reset of my phone twice but did solve the problem. i also tried few different keyboard apps from Android market but didn't work.
I have always used the default keyboard app which comes with milestone.
Also on default home theme when you Menu touch button. we get notifications tab in center, settings tab to right and search tab on left. But when try to press Notifications settings tab gets opened.

BTW I am quite an expert touchscreen user and not broken warranty by rooting it or physical damage.
Also scrolling and Pinch zoom are working fine on touch screen. The problem is when i try to type or dial the center portion doesnt work as desired. :O

I am not touching anywhere else on screen as i know Milestone is multitouch.

I this an software or an hardware issue. What should i do?
Will the MOTOROLA service center people be of some help or replace it? I have a bad experience earlier with HTC phone.
Milestone is pretty expensive in India.
sad.gif

lfsupino

Reaction score
probably is due to the moisture

Hi Fellows! I have read that this problem is probably caused due to the moisture... so yesterday I turned of my milestone, removed the battery, SIM and SD cards and left it inside an enviromental chamber @ +70 celsius degress for 1 hour and guess what? Problem solved!

I hope that it works for anyone that are having this problem!

Regards

Lucas