Touchscreen Sensitivity

jskurucz

Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble with the touchscreen? Compared to the older Motorola Droid with the keyboard, it's not as smooth. For instance, when I compose a text message or scroll from screen to screen the phone doesn't seem like it's registering. When I use the keyboard, it doesn't register half the letters im touching and acts as if I'm long pressing the keys and it brings up the choice for the special characters.

Any ideas or is it just my phone?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i noticed that touch screen is too sensitive, it can register contact even when my fingers are 1mm away.

OP
J

jskurucz

Reaction score
Wow Trade me? I just sent a text and it put 10 spaces when i only pressed it once.

boarderx

Reaction score
I noticed this on one of the demo units I played with. Some of the letters I typed weren't registered and it kept pausing and then spitting out 2-3 at a time. I don't know if the demo had a ton of crap running or if the software is buggy.

paul89

Reaction score
doesnt happen to me, the only problem for me is that when i open the app drawer on glide through the apps, it keeps opening one up even whille im still scrolling! It is very frustrating!

OP
J

jskurucz

Reaction score
I noticed this on one of the demo units I played with. Some of the letters I typed weren't registered and it kept pausing and then spitting out 2-3 at a time. I don't know if the demo had a ton of crap running or if the software is buggy.

Exactly!!!!! same thing is happening to me, im returning it tomorrow praying they will have another unit in stock.

Howie Dub

Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble with the touchscreen? Compared to the older Motorola Droid with the keyboard, it's not as smooth. For instance, when I compose a text message or scroll from screen to screen the phone doesn't seem like it's registering. When I use the keyboard, it doesn't register half the letters im touching and acts as if I'm long pressing the keys and it brings up the choice for the special characters.

Any ideas or is it just my phone?
I think there's an issue with the touch screen software not initializing every time you turn on the screen. Since I can't get a replacement right away because they're out everywhere, anytime the X's touch screen is slow to respond or starts to become sluggish, I'll turn off the screen and turn it right back on. I'll usually just have to do it once to get it snappy again, but sometimes I have to do it a couple of times. It worked best for me when I didn't have a screen lock on, but it's not too bad if you have it on. A little annoying, but less frustrating than trying to type/scroll when it's not responsive. Hopefully this will be fixed with the new update or when Froyo comes out. Hope that helps.

kkwan77

Reaction score
Yes, thank you! I am not the only one with this problem. Again to echo the previous poster I have to turn the screen off and back on when this occurs.

This is annoying as hell as I'm trying to swype a message or scroll through the screens. It either doesn't register or over does it.

I posted this on the Motorola Owners forum but have yet to get a response.

GreaTeacheRopke

Reaction score
Having same issues on brand new droid 2...becoming more and more disillusioned everyday with this thing

Although it is only an issue while plugged into a charger

Last edited:

Mamaperk

Reaction score
The touch screen has always been wonkey with my D1 when it was charging. I hoped this would have been fixed with DX and D2.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

comk4ver

Reaction score
+1
i bought a used droid x from a friend (she left for t-mobile) and the screen is wonky as hell. Any chance that replacing the digitizer will help? Also is the flex ribbon the orange part that's sticking to the digitizer screen or is that another part altogether? (as seen in attachment) because I've heard of digitizer replacements that don't go well if you only replace the digitizer so I'd rather just replace both and get it all out of the way... Has anyone heard of a possible screen calibrator? I've tried multi-touch Visual Test and that's all fine (only two max).