Milestone Camera

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
How is the Milestone's camera compared to the Droid's? Sorry if this has been discussed. I searched but came up empty.

pie123

Reaction score
How is the Milestone's camera compared to the Droid's? Sorry if this has been discussed. I searched but came up empty.

The phones are exactly the same hardware wise, apart from the CDMA/GSM differences.

JPedro

Reaction score
Has that been verified? I mean the Milestone came after the Droid, there might be a bug fix in between those releases that fixed the AF issue.

Anybody got the build dates for the fw that shipped with the droid and the milestone and know when (if it has been) the AF issue was fixed?

Did the 2.0.1 release fix the issue for the Droid?

OP
Sweet Daddy

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
Everyone was saying that the Droid's camera issues (grainy pics) was a software issue and not a hardware issue, so I was just wondering whether or not the Milestone's pic's were grainy also.

JPedro

Reaction score
I did a quick check with my Milestone, and yes its a bit grainy, could be because I took it indoors with no extra lite. It is also set at 2mp, question is if its the environment or the AF :D

brsp35

Reaction score
Agreed to all! Camera here is lousy. My previous nokia e-71 took better pics. It is due to notice, however, that the e-71 had to be upgraded via sw to get better too. Hopefully with the 2.01 or 2.1 things get a little better.

EmilF

Reaction score
Milestone have the same bug as the Droid had with AF. It was fixed by the 2.0.1 update to the Droid. That update is comming to Milestone i January.

I have read that the issue is date related, and the AF does not work for 24,5 days, then works for 24,5 days. Its working now and for the next 23-24 days, so the update could come before that (heard that the update is comming to Milestone 13.01.2010).