Microsoft Exchange

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok this one is kinda strange for me seeing as others in my office can do it and not me, but I cannot get my exchange server to sync correctly. I have tried inputting it several different ways and none have seemed successful, and yet others while inputting the same info on other phones has it work just fine. Any insight from the exchange guru's?

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh yeah duh! lol, it's exchange 2007. The error i get is just that it keeps telling me bad username and password. I have tried keeping it \username domain\username, tried out fully qualified domain name, still didn't work.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Any other user is able to do so instead of u? Sounds hard...erm...what username form do they use?

Normally it has to be fqn and just username / passwd cuz the phone cant do anything with the domain.....

so that should work out. ever tried to sync just a test user onto this ?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We'll im not on exchange. Man I wish I could get my work email to cooperate though. I may actually have to call for help :icon_eek:

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We have 2 others that sync up also with the OWA. On logon we just require "username" and password, so i input the username as "\username" and password, with the correct owa address, and ssl turned on. I have also tried "domain\username" and "fqn\username" all fail to authenticate user.

sir

Reaction score
Mine is in the following form:

domain\username

exchange server is the externally-facing fully qualified domain name of the exchange server (for example, exchange.mycompany.com)

you also have to know if your company uses SSL or not. If they do, check the SSL box, if not, keep it unchecked.

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes i work in the IT department and can't get the damn thing working lol. But i also don't deal with the exchange server that much either, looking more for those that do, seeing as my bosses have theirs working >.> lol. They can't offer much insight as to why it doesn't.

I have tried inputting the username and password everyway i can think of, and has yet to work. Our domain is "hq" so i've tried that and didn't work, but i know HQ isn't the FQN, so i tried the FQN and that also didn't work lol. So i'm merely at this point like.. wtf.

keiichi25

Reaction score
Well, don't forget, there were some posts where users who tried having problems due to the Exchange Server Security stuff, so that might be blocking it.

HOWEVER, if you are saying you got two other people able to get in and not you... That is a perplexing issue other than inquiring if you are on the same mail server or on an Exchange Cluster group. Sometimes that adds more issues as you might not be in the same root as the others or requires a different kind of setup that the phone might not like.

bdw878

Reaction score
I'm having a somewhat similar, but different problem. I had everything working and was receiving emails, but I've noticed over the last couple days that it has stopped syncing. I've played with it this morining and noticed that I can send an email, and my contacts and celendar are updating, but for some reason, the inbox is not updating. I've tried playing with the settings and adjustments, but the emails are still not coming through. Any ideas?

ericwiz

Reaction score
the way I got mine working was to use the same addy as the webmail site (OWA) then just username / password.

So -

webmail.mydomain.com

username

password

Do you have webmail access?

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, don't forget, there were some posts where users who tried having problems due to the Exchange Server Security stuff, so that might be blocking it.

HOWEVER, if you are saying you got two other people able to get in and not you... That is a perplexing issue other than inquiring if you are on the same mail server or on an Exchange Cluster group. Sometimes that adds more issues as you might not be in the same root as the others or requires a different kind of setup that the phone might not like.

We only have one exchange server, we aren't a huge agency. We don't have really much security set up for phones wise, everything i've looked at on the exchange server points that it should be working.

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the way I got mine working was to use the same addy as the webmail site (OWA) then just username / password.

So -

webmail.mydomain.com

username

password

Do you have webmail access?

I am using the same addy as the OWA site itself, which is what i should be doing. I can go there on the web can access it ;). But anyways yes i have OWA access.

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
After even trying it on k9 mail, it might have something to do with the web address of the server. Not sure but after putting in the mail server on k9 and setting it up, it would not allow me to go any further, because of the name of the mail server address.

Pars65

Reaction score
Ok all,
I have my droid connect to 3 different exchange severs(2003 Small Business Server) with self signed SSL.
I, as administrator, did have to disable the password(PIN-handles wipe) requirement since that is not able to be at this time. so if what i have listed below doesn't work for you, then this is the reason and it won't work until Android or exchange app that it is using is updated to allow or work with this "wipe" technology.

Use "\username" not "domain\username"
password
server is the address to the server that you use to get OWA without the exchange on the end without the "https://".
for example for me to get to my owa, I use "server1.domain.com/exchange"
so I would use "server1.domain.com" for exchange server
make sure both ssl and accept any ssl are checked(this would be for those that are using a self signed ssl) otherwise you would leave it unchecked..