Micro SD recommendations?

Beka27

Reaction score
I know some have already purchased 32gb+ SD cards in preparation for their new toy.

What are your recommendations as far as Class (is 10 necessary or will 4 or 6 suffice?) and Brand (is SanDisk the standard/best?) Will an adapter be necessary for transferring files from computer tower to micro SD card?

I'd be using the SD card primarily for music and storing pics/videos. I've never had to buy one before, my previous phones have come with them.

Any links or sites you've found for good deals?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
A 4 or 6 will be plenty.. I'm getting a c10 64 for my HD.... if it ever comes out :) check out amazon.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
I know some have already purchased 32gb+ SD cards in preparation for their new toy.

What are your recommendations as far as Class (is 10 necessary or will 4 or 6 suffice?) and Brand (is SanDisk the standard/best?) Will an adapter be necessary for transferring files from computer tower to micro SD card?

I'd be using the SD card primarily for music and storing pics/videos. I've never had to buy one before, my previous phones have come with them.

Any links or sites you've found for good deals?

I'm buying mine mainly for music and pics, some video's but not anything crazy. I ordered the 16GB SGS3 and i'm going to buy the 64GB card class 6, so I wont need to upgrade or anything later.

Amazon will be the best deal.

Amazon.com: SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC Class 6 Memory Card with SD Adapter - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories

liteon163

Reaction score
I upgraded my 32 GB microSDHC card from a class 4 to a class 10, mostly so that transferring files from my PC wouldn't take as long. It worked. And as a side benefit, moving files from the phone to the card is also much quicker.

It was worth it for me.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk 2.

OP
Beka27

Beka27

Reaction score
Thanks liteon! It helps to have a first-hand experience. My DX only has a Class 2 (came with it) so I wasn't sure if there'd be a noticeable benefit. I'll probably get a Class 10 then. Any links you've found to good deals? Seems like prices are all over the place.

liteon163

Reaction score
I went to newegg.com and looked for class 10 32 GB MicroSDHC cards. I always sort them by lowest price. The cheapest one that has at least a 4 egg rating is the one I choose. Then I compare newegg's price against the same item on Amazon. I buy the cheaper of the two.

I've had good luck buying this way, never having a card fail on me.

Good luck.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk 2.

melonline

Reaction score
How do you tell the difference on the card, my 16gb says SanDisk with a circle and a 2 in that as well as MicroHC below. Does the circle with the 2 in it mean it is a class 2? thanks for your help!

OP
Beka27

Beka27

Reaction score
melonline said:
How do you tell the difference on the card, my 16gb says SanDisk with a circle and a 2 in that as well as MicroHC below. Does the circle with the 2 in it mean it is a class 2? thanks for your help!

Yes.

Gremlin

Reaction score
Could someone please link a good sdcard with class 4 please? Looked at newegg could not find any good ones.. Would really appreciate it.. Thank you

wcjeep

Reaction score
Could someone please link a good sdcard with class 4 please? Looked at newegg could not find any good ones.. Would really appreciate it.. Thank you

Why would you opt for class 4? Class 10 is faster. Price difference is minimal. Class 10 would allow transfer to future devices. Recording video on Galaxy S3 or any modern phone might not go so well with class 4.

Gremlin

Reaction score
Why would you opt for class 4? Class 10 is faster. Price difference is minimal. Class 10 would allow transfer to future devices. Recording video on Galaxy S3 or any modern phone might not go so well with class 4.

Please can I link where I cab get a good 10 please? I saw it for $60.. Wife aint gong for that price..:)

marleyinoc

Reaction score
I just got one on Amazon that had good reviews and it was $30 something. It's an Adata card. Retail packaging w/ adapter. I didn't test with dedicated app but PC wrote data back on it around 8-10MB.

ADATA 32 GB Micro SDHC Card Class 10 with SD Adaptor AUSDH32GCL10-RA1 Sold by Amazon.com LLC

Edit: $24.99