michigandiesel

michigandiesel

Reaction score
Greetings.

I got my droid from Verizon, it is from Motorola. I have had it one year and have often thought that this thing is life changing. Having information and entertainment right at hand is very helpful.

I would like to ask a question about photo gallery. I can view and erase pictures I took with the built in camera. But, if I moved them onto the phone over the serial link, they do not give a delete option. I also can not find them with Linda file manager.

Are these hidden inside internal RAM? Can anyone suggest how I can remove these albums and free up memory? Thanks.

OP
M

michigandiesel

Reaction score
It is not rooted. I also tried Astro. I had it search for the label of one of the folders I am trying to delete. It did not find the name. Do these file manager programs also explore internal RAM? Thanks, Paul

OP
M

michigandiesel

Reaction score
Photo albums not deletable

Can the pictures I can see but not delete be in another folder besides DCIM? I moved them there from a PC over a USB cable. Any hints on where to look would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Paul

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I'm sure you've done a bunch of searching. I never had that problem. Maybe check the root of the sd. Most file managers open that first. Not in any folder, just on the card. If you see DCIM, your at the root of the sd. Can you see the files if you connect the usb? If so you should be able to delete them that way. This may be a long shot, but try this. Hit the magnifying glass on the bottom of the phone to open google search. Hit your menu button to bring up settings. Then hit searchable items and click any and all that you think may help.