messaging error

djslttlgrl

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 Global (I am a new user) and I have encountered an issue with text messaging. Someone sent me a text with a return receipt, and I ignored it...now I keep getting an error message in my status bar that says "message not sent" I have since deleted that message, and the error still shows up. I have tapped on the error message to bring it up and it says "message not available". I have tried everything I can think of, including clearing out all messages, turning on/off notifications, clearing the cache, and still I am getting this error. The time on the message updates as I clear it out. Help! I cannot make this go away!:icon_evil:

OP
D

djslttlgrl

Reaction score
error message

Yes I did, several times.:icon_eek::icon_eek:

MarkPhlipy

Reaction score
Text Message Not Sent

This is thread number TEN on this topic, STILL no fix I've found EXCEPT to download a third party app called HandCent, use it to delete the unsent message. But if you delete or uninstall HandCent, the trapped "unsent text" notification comes back.

Same steps, cleared the cache in Messaging and Text Messaging, rebooted, fiddled with notifications, no avail.

I can't imagine why this many people have the problem that it's posted across the forum 10 times, and no one has fixed it yet. Not Verizon or Android/Google.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tech-issues-bug-reports-suggestions/145377-text-message-not-sent.html